big friendly buttons

NeilCarmichael

I am new to writing javascript and am a little confused by all the
options to do want Ii want to do so I thought I'd pick your brains.

I would like to create somthing like windows default login page where
you have eight butons in a single column down the centre of the page,
as well as being able to select the buttons by clicking, I would like
to be able to move an outline from one box to the other using the
arrows keys and select with the enter key, I would alos like to be able
to select them using the arrow keys.

what is the most compatable way to do this, I would like it to work on
IE, mozzila and pocket ie

ASM

NeilCarmichael a écrit :
I am new to writing javascript and am a little confused by all the
options to do want Ii want to do so I thought I'd pick your brains.

I would like to create somthing like windows default login page where
you have eight butons in a single column down the centre of the page,
as well as being able to select the buttons by clicking, I would like
to be able to move an outline from one box to the other using the
arrows keys and select with the enter key, I would alos like to be able
to select them using the arrow keys.

what is the most compatable way to do this, I would like it to work on
IE, mozzila and pocket ie

It seems arrows keys are normal features on list (dropdown) ?

<form>
<select size=5
onkeyUp="
var k=this.selectedIndex;
var e = event;
if(e.keyCode==13)
location=this.options[k].text+'.html';">
<option>page 1
<option>page 2
<option>page 3
<option>page 4
<option>page 5
</select>
</form>

NeilCarmichael

Thankyou, but I am trying to do it with button and an outline that
moves, there seem so many ways to do it but with so many compatibilty
pitfalls which is why I'm asking you guys!