    How can I set up my trust level to work with hosting trust policy and
    still use those two controls ???

    Thank you ;

    Aahz, Nov 28, 2005

  2. Aahz

    Scott Allen Guest

    If you get a security exception the exception text should tell you
    what permission the controls are being denied. Do you know what that
    is?

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Nov 28, 2005

  3. Aahz

    Aahz Guest

    I got this:

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [SecurityException: Request failed.]
    oaknew._default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +218
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18

    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
    +179
    completedSynchronously) +87

    What I have to do??

    Aahz, Nov 28, 2005
  4. Aahz

    Scott Allen Guest

    Can you reproduce this exception on your local machine and get more
    information about the exception? You could configure your development
    machine with medium trust, run the debugger, and hopefully get more
    information about the exception, like "permission of type "xyz"
    failed".

    Then you'll have to approach your ISP and ask if you can have "xyz"
    permission.

    Do you know what these controls do? If they use COM interop or native
    code, I doubt your ISP will let you have those unmanaged code
    permissions - that is essentially running with full trust.

    Scott Allen, Nov 28, 2005