BigInt lib not working, help!

Alex Vinokur

MK said:
[snip]
If anybody have good version of the bigint lib, tell me please

I need use only / * - + operator.

[snip]

Look at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cpp-bigint/

ok, thx
Could I use this in windows VC++? How?

I have compiled that (files bigint.cpp and main.cpp) with Microsoft C++ Compiler Version 13.00.9466 via command line.
It works.
You should compile those files with your VC++ compiler.

P.S. Specific questions related to the BigInt C++ class one can ask on C++ BigInt class forums
https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=441637

MK

I have compiled that (files bigint.cpp and main.cpp) with Microsoft C++
Compiler Version 13.00.9466 via command line.
It works.
You should compile those files with your VC++ compiler.

unfortunately, I don't know how to do this,
I create new project (console application).
What file I must include?
When I include bigint.cpp I get many errors, I don't known what does them
mean.
Could you send me simple dsw project file with bigint.cpp and bigint.h?
Please help me, it's very important to me.
Thanks!
MK

Chris Croughton

I use BigInt lib from:
http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/data/data-misc/values/article.php/c4563/

It doesn't work properly. I describe my problem:
http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/data/data-misc/values/comments.php/c4563/?thread=5367

Please, help me!
If anybody have good version of the bigint lib, tell me please

I need use only / * - + operator.

Have a look at gmp, that has a C++ interface and is optimised for many
platforms, I haven't found any bugs in its arithmetic.

http://www.swox.com/gmp/

Chris C

Alex Vinokur

MK said:
Compiler Version 13.00.9466 via command line.

unfortunately, I don't know how to do this,
I create new project (console application).
What file I must include?

You should include bigint.h and bigint.cpp.
You shouldn't include main.cpp (that file contains testsuites).
When I include bigint.cpp I get many errors, I don't known what does them
mean.
Could you send me simple dsw project file with bigint.cpp and bigint.h?

I don't work with Visual C++. So, unfortunately, I can't send you a dsw project.

But I think, all you need is to add bigint.h and bigint.cpp to your project.
Please help me, it's very important to me.
Thanks!
MK
[snip]

P.S. If you have any specific questions related to the BigInt C++ class, one can ask on C++ BigInt class forums
https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=441637

MK

You should include bigint.h and bigint.cpp.
You shouldn't include main.cpp (that file contains testsuites).

I do this.
When I build I get following error:

"c:\myprojects\av\bigint.cpp(2129) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of
file while looking for precompiled header directive"

I don't know why :(

Karl Heinz Buchegger

MK said:
I do this.
When I build I get following error:

"c:\myprojects\av\bigint.cpp(2129) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of
file while looking for precompiled header directive"

I don't know why :(

Then you didn't create a console application, this would
have disabled the option of 'using a precompiled header'.

Anyway: From the menu, select 'Project' - 'Settings'.
In the dialog, select the file 'bigint.cpp' in the file tree on the left.
Select the tab 'C/C++' in the right half of the dialog. In the combo box
'Category' choose 'Precompiled headers'. Then select 'Not using precompiled
headers'.

BTW: All of this has nothing to do with C++ as language. It is a problem
of 'using your development equipment' and as such is not topical in this
newsgroup. Search for a different newsgroup, eg. one with VC++ in its name.

SUPER_SOCKO

Chris Croughton said:
Have a look at gmp, that has a C++ interface and is optimised for many
platforms, I haven't found any bugs in its arithmetic.

http://www.swox.com/gmp/

Chris C

I used MIRACL in a term project. It has good examples, documents and
well structure C/C++ source codes. It supports both big interger and
big real.

Nalerk NIDA

DHOLLINGSWORTH2

SUPER_SOCKO said:
I used MIRACL in a term project. It has good examples, documents and
well structure C/C++ source codes. It supports both big interger and
big real.

Nalerk NIDA

You can also Write your own library. for * / - + its not that hard, for Real
#'s it starts to get difficult, but not impossible.