bilinear or licubic

Discussion in 'Java' started by cmk128@hotmail.com, Oct 6, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi All
    I want to enlarge my bitmap, i have read many articles in Google
    but still have concept problem about bilinear/bicubic. I am confusing
    about the "fill in sequence of the new pixel"

    For example, if i have a 2x2 pixel bitmap, i represent it as:

    xx
    xx

    And i enlarge it to 8x8, so i have this now

    x???x???
    ????????
    ????????
    ????????
    x???x???
    ????????
    ????????
    ????????

    The ? is the unknown pixel, which is the new pixel, i need to use
    bicubic to calculate its RGB value.

    My *major* problem is, which ? pixel i should fill in first. If you
    tell me i should fill in the left-most one in the topest row. Then i
    come with another problem: I don't have enough known pixel to calcuate
    its value.

    PLEASE GIVE ME A HELP

    thanks
    from Peter ()
    , Oct 6, 2006

  2. Oliver Wong Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I want to enlarge my bitmap, i have read many articles in Google
    > but still have concept problem about bilinear/bicubic. I am confusing
    > about the "fill in sequence of the new pixel"

    [...]
    > My *major* problem is, which ? pixel i should fill in first. If you
    > tell me i should fill in the left-most one in the topest row. Then i
    > come with another problem: I don't have enough known pixel to calcuate
    > its value.

    If your question is about how to do this in Java:

    http://www.java-tips.org/java-se-tips/javax.imageio/java-2d-api-enhancements-in-j2se-5.0.html

    If you need to implement this yourself (e.g. because it's homework or
    something), then this doesn't really have anything to do with Java. Try
    http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2vrva/design.html and seek a math or
    programming group if you're unable to follow the explanations there.

    Note that if you think one of the steps is to exactly copy over a pixel
    value from the original image, you've already misunderstood how bicubic
    works.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Oct 6, 2006