bind to xml innertext and attribute

Guest

Hello,
Ive run into this issue a few times and Im wondering if there's anything i
can do to get around it.
Say i have an xml file like this

<data>
<info category="1" name="Original Effective Date" type="" caption=""
notes=""><![CDATA[1-1-84]]></info>
</data>

If i create an xml datasource with a xpath like /data/info

i receive the fields category,name,type,caption,and notes but no Inner
Text.. Normally i would just store the value as an attribute but as you can
see im using cdata b/c of popssibly malformed html at times. Im not sure how
i would bind the field as it doesnt give me an option for it. Is there any
thing i can do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance
DrewG

Guest

It turns out that this is available. You simply need to add a column or
template item and use <%#Xpath(".")%> or a similar expression to get the
results from the desired nodes.

Thanks
DrewG