Binding

ramu

Hi,
what is static and dynamic binding? Does C support dynamic
binding? if it supports, can you tell me how it supports with an
example code?

regards

Mike Wahler

ramu said:
Hi,
what is static and dynamic binding?

In the context of functions in a programming language,
they are the selection of a function to call, from
a set of candidate functions, done at compile time
and run time, respectively.
Does C support dynamic
binding?

Not directly by the language (as in C++), but one
could write C code to achieve the same effect.
Look up 'pointer to function'. You'll need to
write the decision-making code yourself, with
e.g. 'if', 'switch', or an array of pointers.
if it supports, can you tell me how it supports with an
example code?

It doesn't, so I won't.

-Mike