bisect uses __cmp__()?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gary Robinson, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. I'm wondering if bisect.insort is guaranteed to use a __cmp__ method, for
    now and for future python versions, if it exists, for the items being
    inserted?

    That would be good to know because then you don't have to define __lt__ etc.
    if all you care about is being able to use bisect.insort.

    If true, I suggest that it might be good to mention the bisect library docs.
    In any case, if there is a clear answer to my question I'd appreciate
    knowing what it is...

    --Gary

    --
    Putting http://wecanstopspam.org in your email helps it pass through