BlackBerry 7280 Simulator: redirecting network calls to PC's TCP/IP stack

Discussion in 'Java' started by John Goche, Jan 16, 2006.

  1. John Goche

    John Goche Guest

    On Palm OS Garnet Simulator
    one can redirect network calls
    to TCP/IP. as follows:

    Right Click ->
    Settings ->
    Communication ->
    Redirect NetLib calls to TCP/IP

    How can the same thing be done
    on a BlackBerry 7290 Simulator?

    I am using Connector.open() from
    the BlackBerry J2ME API
    documentation but when
    I view network activity
    with ethereal I see
    nothing. How can
    I have the data
    flow through
    my network
    card?

    Thanks,

    JG
    John Goche, Jan 16, 2006

  2. John Goche

    John Goche Guest

    I found this is possible by simply launching the MDS console
    Research In Motion -> BlackBerry JDE 4.1.0 -> MDS. Once
    this is done I am able to send and receive network data.

    Regards,

    JG
    John Goche, Jan 17, 2006