BLL and WebService

Stan SR

Hi,

It's propably a stupid question, but I would like to know how to return the
result of a BLL method using a webservice.

I have method called getArticleById() that I use to update a detailView and
I would like to use it from a Webservice.
This method returns some datas like id,item, price, etc...

Any help ?
Stan

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

Stan said:
Hi,

It's propably a stupid question, but I would like to know how to return the
result of a BLL method using a webservice.

I have method called getArticleById() that I use to update a detailView and
I would like to use it from a Webservice.
This method returns some datas like id,item, price, etc...

Any help ?
Stan

Web services can return classes to the web service proxy. As long as the
members are simple types, you won't have problems. Even if the members
are complex types, it often works well. Note that the client must
deserialize the SOAP code, which is why it's better using simple types
if possible.

See this thread:
http://tinyurl.com/ycx77d

HTH,
Laurent

Stan SR

Laurent

Thanks for you reply.
Is there a way to create a kind of class that will store and retrieve only
the datas from another class like a dictionary ?
I read some documentation that talk about reflection and datamapper
Do you think it's a good way for my needs ?

Stan