BLOCK statement and CONFIGURATION

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by andy, Oct 29, 2004.

  1. andy

    andy Guest

    I am coding an architecture wth a block statement

    ARCHITERCURE struct OF myent IS

    BEGIN
    b1: BLOCK IS

    i_comp1: conmp1
    PORT MAP (....)
    BEGIN

    END;

    END struct;

    and I cannot conmpile such

    CONFIGURATION myent_struct_conf OF myent
    FOR i_comp1: comp1
    USE CONFIGURATION work.comp1_conf
    END FOR;
    END CONFIGURATION;

    It seems I am doing worng when accessing components which are
    istantiated inside blocks ...
    I also tried unsuccessfully something like
    b1. FOR i_comp1: comp1

    thanks in advance

    andy, Oct 29, 2004

  2. Mike Treseler, Oct 30, 2004

  3. andy wrote:

    > ARCHITERCURE struct OF myent IS

    > BEGIN
    > b1: BLOCK IS
    >
    > i_comp1: conmp1
    > PORT MAP (....)
    > BEGIN
    >
    > END;
    >
    > END struct;
    >
    > and I cannot conmpile such
    >
    > CONFIGURATION myent_struct_conf OF myent
    > FOR i_comp1: comp1
    > USE CONFIGURATION work.comp1_conf
    > END FOR;
    > END CONFIGURATION;

    The block statement has to be considered:
    http://www.microlab.ch/courses/vlsi/vhdl-ieee/TUTORIAL/IEEE/HTML/1076_1.HTM#1.3.1

    So (without testing it) the following should be o.k.:

    CONFIGURATION myent_struct_conf OF myent
    FOR b1:
    FOR i_comp1: comp1
    USE CONFIGURATION work.comp1_conf
    END FOR;