Blocking referring sites in ASP

F Magnell

How do I block referring sites in ASP using VBScript?

Like blocking referrer's from:
192.025.215.001
and
altavista.com

Adrienne

How do I block referring sites in ASP using VBScript?

Like blocking referrer's from:
192.025.215.001
and
altavista.com
Watch wrapping -

<% if request.servervariables("remote_addr") = "192.025.215.001" then
'do what you want
elseif instr(lcase(request.servervariables
("http_referer")),"altavista.com") > 0 then
'do what you want to altavista
end if
%>

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to block AltaVista? AFAIK, it's
still a good search engine, and it's spider does honor the Robots Exclusion
Standard.

F Magnell

Watch wrapping -

<% if request.servervariables("remote_addr") = "192.025.215.001" then
'do what you want
elseif instr(lcase(request.servervariables
("http_referer")),"altavista.com") > 0 then
'do what you want to altavista
end if
%>

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to block AltaVista? AFAIK, it's
still a good search engine, and it's spider does honor the Robots Exclusion
Standard.

I dont want do block AltaVista, it was just an example.
The sites I want to block is some unwanted .ru addresses

Thanks :)