    192.025.215.001
    and
    altavista.com

    F Magnell, Aug 18, 2003

  2. F Magnell

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed F Magnell <!>
    writing in news::

    > How do I block referring sites in ASP using VBScript?
    >
    > Like blocking referrer's from:
    > 192.025.215.001
    > and
    > altavista.com

    Watch wrapping -

    <% if request.servervariables("remote_addr") = "192.025.215.001" then
    'do what you want
    elseif instr(lcase(request.servervariables
    ("http_referer")),"altavista.com") > 0 then
    'do what you want to altavista
    end if
    %>

    Just out of curiosity, why do you want to block AltaVista? AFAIK, it's
    still a good search engine, and it's spider does honor the Robots Exclusion
    Standard.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Aug 18, 2003

  3. F Magnell

    F Magnell Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:47:36 GMT, Adrienne <>
    wrote:

    >Gazing into my crystal ball I observed F Magnell <!>
    >writing in news::
    >
    >> How do I block referring sites in ASP using VBScript?
    >>
    >> Like blocking referrer's from:
    >> 192.025.215.001
    >> and
    >> altavista.com
    >>

    >Watch wrapping -
    >
    ><% if request.servervariables("remote_addr") = "192.025.215.001" then
    > 'do what you want
    > elseif instr(lcase(request.servervariables
    >("http_referer")),"altavista.com") > 0 then
    > 'do what you want to altavista
    > end if
    >%>
    >
    >Just out of curiosity, why do you want to block AltaVista? AFAIK, it's
    >still a good search engine, and it's spider does honor the Robots Exclusion
    >Standard.

    I dont want do block AltaVista, it was just an example.
    The sites I want to block is some unwanted .ru addresses

    Thanks :)

    F Magnell, Aug 20, 2003