"Bookmarking" dynamic pages.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Razzbar, Apr 22, 2004.

  1. Razzbar

    Razzbar Guest

    I'm creating a site that is all on one page. The navigation of
    the site is enabled by a hidden iframe that fetches content from
    the server and re/places it in a div on the page.

    The problem is how to allow visitors to bookmark "pages" when
    the page is dynamic.

    I can use Apache-style pseudo-urls to parse out the location of
    the dynamic content, like...
    http://fakepage.gov/foo/20345583 or...
    http://fakepage.gov/foo/20339945 Where 'foo' is the name of
    the page, and parsing the URL (using PHP) gives me the id of
    a content item to fetch.

    Generating the page from the pseudo-url is not the problem,
    generating the pseudo-url from the page and getting the browser
    to "see" it is the problem.

    .... and I'm assuming that if you slap something up on the
    address field of the browser and bookmark it, it'll work.

    Any ideas?
    Razzbar, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Razzbar

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 22 Apr 2004 13:30:45 -0700, 2s.com (Razzbar)
    wrote:

    >I'm creating a site that is all on one page. The navigation of
    >the site is enabled by a hidden iframe that fetches content from
    >the server and re/places it in a div on the page.
    >
    >The problem is how to allow visitors to bookmark "pages" when
    >the page is dynamic.

    >Any ideas?

    "Doctor, it hurts when I do this"

    ' Well, don't do that then'