    Anyone with a fix? (one that doesn't resolve to hacking CSS, perhaps?)

    Cheers,
    Sam

    Samuel van Laere, Feb 21, 2007

  2. Scripsit Samuel van Laere:

    > Just wondering about something really minor,
    > if its fixable i'll fix it, else: couldn't care less
    > Here's the page:
    > http://www.oukje.nl/gastenboeklezen.php
    > Notice the difference between IE and Geckobrowsers,
    > for some reason IE won't display the right double border.

    The "double border" here refers to the visual impression created by the
    border of a table together with the borders of the cells, when there's a
    small gap (due to browser defaults).

    The problem seems to be in this rule in your gastenboek.css file:

    #divboek span.marker {
    color: #000000;
    float: right;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin-left: 5px;
    margin-top: 2px;
    padding: 1px;
    width: 100%;
    }

    If you remove the lines
    float: right;
    width: 100%
    then the "double border" appears on the right. Making spans float often
    causes problems. I don't quite see what you are aiming at with that rule, so
    I won't make a specific suggestion on how to fix it. Wy don't you just use
    that suppresses vertical margins for <p>?

    P.S. Use the W3C CSS Checker; you have a syntax error in your style sheet
    (probably unrelated to the problem at hand, but still).

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Feb 23, 2007

  3. "Jukka K. Korpela" <> schreef in bericht

    > If you remove the lines
    > float: right;
    > width: 100%
    > then the "double border" appears on the right. Making spans float often
    > causes problems. I don't quite see what you are aiming at with that rule,
    > so I won't make a specific suggestion on how to fix it. Wy don't you just
    > use <div> instead of <span>, without float or width in CSS but with some
    > rule that suppresses vertical margins for <p>?

    You found the problem and a solution to, thats just great.
    Here's what I did to fix it:

    #divboek span.marker {
    color: #000000;
    float: left;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin-left: 0px;
    margin-top: 2px;
    padding: 1px;
    }

    Gave me the same effect with even lesser rules :))

    > P.S. Use the W3C CSS Checker; you have a syntax error in your style sheet
    > (probably unrelated to the problem at hand, but still).

    Thanks Jukka, i've fixed two errors.

    Samuel van Laere, Feb 24, 2007