border color ??

Discussion in 'HTML' started by ...D., Jul 18, 2004.

  1. ...D.

    ...D. Guest

    I am a new hobby website runner. I've come a long way in a week from an
    online tutorial. Using the term "webmaster", gives me pause, as I don't
    consider myself a "master".

    I have gotten to where I have some rectangular button type JPGs & pictures to
    link to places. I have decided I like to have a small border (size 2) to add
    just a little bit of definition to the little JPGs borders. I'd like all of
    the borders to be black, but the borders are coming up different colors. I
    can have 4 JPGs in a row across, but the border color might be different from
    one to the next.

    What determines the border color? Could this make a difference - I use a big
    faded JPG as the background, and not a small one that tiles (unless the user
    is running like 1600 x 1200, in which case he gets part of the background
    picture tiled). Can I dictate border color with a code?

    ....D.
    ...D., Jul 18, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. ...D.

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:02:20 -0700, ...D. <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote:

    : I am a new hobby website runner. I've come a long way in a week from an
    : online tutorial. Using the term "webmaster", gives me pause, as I don't
    : consider myself a "master".
    :
    : I have gotten to where I have some rectangular button type JPGs & pictures to
    : link to places. I have decided I like to have a small border (size 2) to add
    : just a little bit of definition to the little JPGs borders. I'd like all of
    : the borders to be black, but the borders are coming up different colors. I
    : can have 4 JPGs in a row across, but the border color might be different from
    : one to the next.
    :
    : What determines the border color? Could this make a difference - I use a big
    : faded JPG as the background, and not a small one that tiles (unless the user
    : is running like 1600 x 1200, in which case he gets part of the background
    : picture tiled). Can I dictate border color with a code?


    URL?
    img {border:2px solid black;}

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Jul 18, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. ...D.

    ...D. Guest

    Sid Ismail <> wrote:
    >URL? >img {border:2px solid black;} >Sid


    Thanks for the reply, but I am lost with the answer you posted. Please be
    more specific if you will. If I display as my code the following, how would I
    incorporate what you replied with into the code. exactly, please? (I want an
    all black border):

    <a href="mailto: ">
    <img src="mypicture.jpg" align="center" WIDTH="125" HEIGHT="114" BORDER="2"
    <P ALT="Locutus, the host ...click to email" > </a>

    ...D.

    ------ ------ ------ original post:
    >On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:02:20 -0700, ...D. <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote:
    >
    >: I am a new hobby website runner. I've come a long way in a week from an
    >: online tutorial. Using the term "webmaster", gives me pause, as I don't
    >: consider myself a "master".
    >:
    >: I have gotten to where I have some rectangular button type JPGs & pictures to
    >: link to places. I have decided I like to have a small border (size 2) to add
    >: just a little bit of definition to the little JPGs borders. I'd like all of
    >: the borders to be black, but the borders are coming up different colors. I
    >: can have 4 JPGs in a row across, but the border color might be different from
    >: one to the next.
    >:
    >: What determines the border color? Could this make a difference - I use a big
    >: faded JPG as the background, and not a small one that tiles (unless the user
    >: is running like 1600 x 1200, in which case he gets part of the background
    >: picture tiled). Can I dictate border color with a code?
    >
    >
    ...D., Jul 19, 2004
    #3
  4. ....D. wrote:
    > Sid Ismail <> wrote:
    >
    >>URL? >img {border:2px solid black;} >Sid

    >
    >
    > Thanks for the reply, but I am lost with the answer you posted. Please be
    > more specific if you will. If I display as my code the following, how would I
    > incorporate what you replied with into the code. exactly, please? (I want an
    > all black border):
    >
    > <a href="mailto: ">
    > <img src="mypicture.jpg" align="center" WIDTH="125" HEIGHT="114" BORDER="2"
    > <P ALT="Locutus, the host ...click to email" > </a>


    Between the <head>
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--
    img {border: black 2px solid; align: center;}
    -->
    </style>

    Somewhere in the <body>
    <a href="mailto: ">
    <img src="mypicture.jpg" WIDTH="125" HEIGHT="114" ALT="Locutus, the
    host ...click to email" ></a>
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Under construction
    Edwin van der Vaart, Jul 19, 2004
    #4
  5. ...D.

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 02:45:48 -0700, ...D. <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote:

    : Sid Ismail <> wrote:
    : >URL? >img {border:2px solid black;} >Sid
    :
    : Thanks for the reply, but I am lost with the answer you posted. Please be
    : more specific if you will. If I display as my code the following, how would I
    : incorporate what you replied with into the code. exactly, please? (I want an
    : all black border):
    :
    : <a href="mailto: ">
    : <img src="mypicture.jpg" align="center" WIDTH="125" HEIGHT="114" BORDER="2"
    : <P ALT="Locutus, the host ...click to email" > </a>
    :


    <a href="mailto: ">
    <img src="mypicture.jpg" align="middle" WIDTH="125" HEIGHT="114"
    style="border:2px solid black;" alt=" ...click to email"> </a>

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Jul 19, 2004
    #5
  6. ...D.

    Rob Collyer Guest

    ....D. <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote in
    news::

    > <a href="mailto: ">
    > <img src="mypicture.jpg" align="center" WIDTH="125" HEIGHT="114"
    > BORDER="2"
    > <P ALT="Locutus, the host ...click to email" > </a>
    >


    try this instead:-
    <a href="mailto:">
    <img src="mypicture.jpg" style="border: 2px black solid;"
    align="center" WIDTH="125" HEIGHT="114" ALT="Locutus, the host ...click
    to email" /></a>

    Should work as you want.
    --
    Robert Collyer
    www.webforumz.com
    Free Web Design and Development Help, Discussions, tips and Critique!
    ASP, VB, .NET, SQL, CSS, HTML, Javascript, Flash, XML, SEO !
    Rob Collyer, Jul 19, 2004
    #6
  7. ...D.

    Rob Collyer Guest

    > Between the <head>
    > <style type="text/css">
    > <!--
    > img {border: black 2px solid; align: center;}
    > -->
    > </style>
    >
    > Somewhere in the <body>
    > <a href="mailto: ">
    > <img src="mypicture.jpg" WIDTH="125" HEIGHT="114" ALT="Locutus, the
    > host ...click to email" ></a>


    ..... or that! lol

    --
    Robert Collyer
    www.webforumz.com
    Free Web Design and Development Help, Discussions, tips and Critique!
    ASP, VB, .NET, SQL, CSS, HTML, Javascript, Flash, XML, SEO !
    Rob Collyer, Jul 19, 2004
    #7
  8. ...D.

    ...D. Guest

    Tnx will do....

    --------------------
    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:17:11 +0000 (UTC), Rob Collyer
    <> wrote:

    >try this instead:-
    ><a href="mailto:">
    > <img src="mypicture.jpg" style="border: 2px black solid;"
    >align="center" WIDTH="125" HEIGHT="114" ALT="Locutus, the host ...click
    >to email" /></a>
    >
    >Should work as you want.




    ....D.
    ...D., Jul 22, 2004
    #8
  9. ...D.

    Frogleg Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:02:20 -0700, ...D. <d@no_usenet_email..org>
    wrote:

    >I have gotten to where I have some rectangular button type JPGs & pictures to
    >link to places. I have decided I like to have a small border (size 2) to add
    >just a little bit of definition to the little JPGs borders. I'd like all of
    >the borders to be black, but the borders are coming up different colors. I
    >can have 4 JPGs in a row across, but the border color might be different from
    >one to the next.


    Your borders are showing the default link colors. (a:link a:hover,
    a:visited, a:active). Adjust with CSS.
    Frogleg, Jul 23, 2004
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. tshad
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,240
    tshad
    Jan 31, 2005
  2. phl
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    4,330
    Martin Jay
    Jun 8, 2006
  3. =?UTF-8?B?TWFydGluIFDDtnBwaW5n?=

    border-color: #003366; border-width: 2px;

    =?UTF-8?B?TWFydGluIFDDtnBwaW5n?=, Jul 17, 2006, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    64
    Views:
    3,487
    Adrienne Boswell
    Jul 30, 2006
  4. Kamaljeet Saini
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    388
    Kamaljeet Saini
    Feb 13, 2009
  5. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    258
    marss
    Feb 14, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page