Borland C++ Builder: who sells the next version of such IDE now?

John Goche

If you need, there are many third party packages (including free ones)
that allow you to mount an ISO file as a virtual CD-ROM/DVD drive.
Google for "mount iso windows" for some links.

Thank you. I ended up downloading Virtual Cline Drive from:

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupVirtualCloneDrive.exe

And told it to become associated with iso files and then
simply clicked on the downloaded Visual Studio Express
file named:

VS2008ExpressWithSP1ENUX1504728.iso

This caused the following to appear under Computer in Vista:

HD DVD-ROM Drive (I:)

which I then clicked on and then clicked
on the Setup.hta HTMP Application to install
Visual Studio Express from which I was able
to select the installation of either one of

Visual C# 2008 Express Edition
Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition
Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition

Thank you for your help,

John Goche

Tech07

Richard said:

"Tech07" <[email protected]> spake the secret code
The IDE project manager of the Express versions is a simple subset
of the for-money versions. Surely the Express environment is
"crippled" in other ways also.

The IDE is limited. The compiler is not. Its the full C++ compiler.

I, though, was commenting on the statement "The full IDE and whatnot is
there." which is incorrect.

Richard

Richard said:

"Tech07" <[email protected]> spake the secret code
(e-mail address removed) wrote:

Visual Studio is part of the Express Edition Products, just not all
the "pro" features. The full IDE and whatnot is there.

The IDE project manager of the Express versions is a simple subset
of the for-money versions. Surely the Express environment is
"crippled" in other ways also.

The IDE is limited. The compiler is not. Its the full C++ compiler.

I, though, was commenting on the statement "The full IDE and whatnot is
there." which is incorrect.

Many people believe that the compiler is limited in some way or
crippled. I just wanted to clarify that it isn't.