borland C++ VERSIONINFO error

Mark

I'm compiling an application with a Borland C++ compiler. We use the
VERSIONINFO in the rc files to store product information.

VS_VERSION_INFO VERSIONINFO
FILEVERSION 6,500,09,105
PRODUCTVERSION 6,500,09,105
FILEOS VOS__WINDOWS32
FILEFLAGS 0
FILETYPE VFT_APP

Note the 09 in the 3rd parameter of the FILEVERSION and
PRODUCTVERSION. If I leave this as 09 the compile fails with an
Expecting BEGIN error message. If I change this to a 07 then it works,
or if I change to a 10 it works. Why is this number octal? Is there
anyway around this as these numbers do have a meaning internally to
the business.

thanks,
Mark

Ron Natalie

Mark said:
Note the 09 in the 3rd parameter of the FILEVERSION and
PRODUCTVERSION. If I leave this as 09 the compile fails with an
Expecting BEGIN error message. If I change this to a 07 then it works,
or if I change to a 10 it works. Why is this number octal?

This is really off topic, but I'd try deleting the leading 0. If the resource file behaves
like C++ literals 00...07 are valid integer literals (meaning octal 0..7) , 08 and 09 are
invalid. The leading zero in C++ means treat the rest as an octal number.

Alternatively, you can see if 011 encodes decimal 9 for you :)

Victor Bazarov

Mark said:
I'm compiling an application with a Borland C++ compiler. We use the
VERSIONINFO in the rc files to store product information.

VS_VERSION_INFO VERSIONINFO
FILEVERSION 6,500,09,105
PRODUCTVERSION 6,500,09,105
FILEOS VOS__WINDOWS32
FILEFLAGS 0
FILETYPE VFT_APP

Note the 09 in the 3rd parameter of the FILEVERSION and
PRODUCTVERSION. If I leave this as 09 the compile fails with an
Expecting BEGIN error message. If I change this to a 07 then it works,
or if I change to a 10 it works. Why is this number octal?

Any literal that begins with 0 and not 0x is octal.
Is there
anyway around this as these numbers do have a meaning internally to
the business.

If you need it to be 9, just say 9 or say 0x9.

Victor