bridging Google Earth and Google maps in script

Discussion in 'Java' started by cybarber@gmail.com, Nov 28, 2005.

    I have made a demo html page in which both a Google maps implementation
    and a Google Earth ActiveX object are present.

    That way, I can channel data from GEarth to Gmaps and vice versa.
    Using Internet Explorers HTML+TIME behavior I have added some animation
    controls on the page.

    It is great fun when one clicks on a google map and then google earth
    fly's to that point!.

    Have fun:

    http://members.home.nl/cybarber/geomatters/GoogleEarthGUIwithHtmlTimeScript.html

    See also the keyhole BBS forum KML discussions.

    William A Slabbekoorn aka Cybarber
    , Nov 28, 2005

  2. Scott Smith Guest

    On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 18:41:00 -0800, cybarber wrote:

    > http://members.home.nl/cybarber/geomatters/GoogleEarthGUIwithHtmlTimeScript.html

    I'm sure this is a very cool page, not criticizing that, but you should
    consider that other browsers and platforms are in use. Last I checked,
    Mozilla has over 10% market share and shows no signs of slowing growth.
    One of the most beautiful things about the internet is the absence of
    platform dependence. Same goes for Java. This sort of thing flies in the
    face of the design paradigms present in both Java and the Internet.

    Not that you care about me or what I do, but I don't even own a Windows
    computer nor do I have one at work (where I program in Java) and will
    never see what you've done. Too bad for me. I thought it seemed like a
    cool post.

    --
    R. Scott Smith
    Slackware on the job, at home, everywhere!
    Scott Smith, Nov 28, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have made a demo html page in which both a Google maps implementation
    > and a Google Earth ActiveX object are present.
    >
    > That way, I can channel data from GEarth to Gmaps and vice versa.
    > Using Internet Explorers HTML+TIME behavior I have added some animation
    > controls on the page.
    >
    > It is great fun when one clicks on a google map and then google earth
    > fly's to that point!.
    >
    > Have fun:
    >
    > http://members.home.nl/cybarber/geomatters/GoogleEarthGUIwithHtmlTimeScript.html
    >
    > See also the keyhole BBS forum KML discussions.
    >
    > William A Slabbekoorn aka Cybarber

    That page does nothing in FireFox. I tried opening it with IE, and got
    dialog boxes about unsafe ActiveX controls.
    Jeffrey Schwab, Nov 28, 2005