Browse list of URLs in same window

srikanth

Hi All,
I need some help from this group. I have a list of urls in a text file
and i want to open those urls one by one on same window with out
opening on new tabs. I am using linux ubuntu and chrome browser. Can
any one help me out of this or point me to any existing code. Also i
need to log the details as well, like currently browsing url. Thanks
in advance.

Stuart Redmann

Hi All,
I need some help from this group. I have a list of urls in a text file
and i want to open those urls one by one on same window with out
opening on new tabs. I am using linux ubuntu and chrome browser. Can
any one help me out of this or point me to any existing code. Also i
need to log the details as well, like currently browsing url. Thanks
in advance.

This question is off-topic in this newsgroup because this newsgroup
only deals with the programming language C++ and not with any
particular applications/frameworks/projects that are implemented with C
++. You may get some answers in newsgroups that deal with linux or
chrome browser.

Apart from that I'd be quite interested why you want to have such a
tool? I'm just curious ...

Regards,
Stuart

Victor Bazarov

I need some help from this group. I have a list of urls in a text file
and i want to open those urls one by one on same window with out
opening on new tabs. I am using linux ubuntu and chrome browser. Can
any one help me out of this or point me to any existing code. Also i
need to log the details as well, like currently browsing url. Thanks
in advance.

You need to ask in the newsgroup for your OS (take a look at the
comp.os.linux.development.* hierarchy). What you seem to need is to
start another process, and C++ has only one function for that: 'system'.
Read the documentation on that. The OS can have other means to "open
urls". It could be as simple as opening a file or as complicated as
starting a special server and issuing a special set of commands on a
special kind of connection to that server...

Anyway, basically off-topic here.

Jorgen Grahn

Hi All,
I need some help from this group. I have a list of urls in a text file
and i want to open those urls one by one on same window with out
opening on new tabs.

Huh? What would it look like to have one tab displaying many pages at
once? No, I don't want to know; see below:
I am using linux ubuntu and chrome browser. Can
any one help me out of this or point me to any existing code. Also i
need to log the details as well, like currently browsing url. Thanks
in advance.

That's not a question about C++, but a question about the interface
for automating Chrome. We know nothing about Chrome.

/Jorgen