Browser based app - Architecture sizing.

Chris

Hi,

I need to develope a browser based application that will support around 80
users probably around 50 concurrent.

Most of the users will be performing simple data enry tasks. A small number
will need to produce reports and data exports.

The app will use ASP.NET and SQL Server 2000 or 2005.

The main data dable will have around 30000 records.

Does a system with one database server and one web server sound right for
this?
Dual processor machines?

Any got any links to white papers on this?
How to gauge memory/availability requirements?

Thanks in advance.

Robbe Morris [C# MVP]

You could "easily" run a web server and database server like
SQL Server on the same server with that amount of traffic.
It is minimal.

Pretty much any bargain basement server these days could
handle that easily. I'd make sure you had at least
1.5GB of RAM and a pentium III. Even that is probably
overkill.

Chris

Many thanks Robbe.