Browser compatability

BBeasley

I've written severl dot net applications for users who use IE only.
Now I'm developing one for a netscape user. My text boxes and lables
resize in Netscape. Any ideas?

Showjumper

Which Netscape version and and what do you mean by resize? Are they a
smaller/larger than in IE? Also it helps if you have a URL. You can add the
following to the browserCaps section of web.config to get Gecko
compatibility:
<case match="Gecko/[-\d]+">
browser=Netscape
frames=true
tables=true
cookies=true
javascript=true
javaapplets=true
ecmascriptversion=1.5
w3cdomversion=1.0
css1=true
css2=true
xml=true
tagwriter=System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter
</case>
<case match="rv:1.0[^\.](?'letters'\w*)">
version=6.0
majorversion=6
minorversion=0
</case>
<case match="^b" with="${letters}">
beta=true
</case>
<case match="rv:1(\.\d+)(\.\d)?(?'letters'\w*)">
version=7.0
majorversion=7
minorversion=0
</case>
<case match="^b" with="${letters}">
beta=true

Showjumper

Whats happending is that aspnet sees all non IE browsers as downlevel even
tho' Mozilla/ Netscape 7 are on a par w/ IE. Since it sees it as downlevel,
it doesnt send the inline style info to the browser -
<input name="TBMI" type="text" id="TBMI" tabindex="1" /> in Mozilla and
<input name="TBMI" type="text" id="TBMI" tabindex="1" style="width:25px;" />
in IE.
You have 2 options: Add the code i posted earlier to fix the issue or
specify the textbox sizes in an external CSS file which would ensure much
wider compaptibility. Also, try to avoid inline styles whne using the server
control. Or just do both
BBeasley said:
Thanks for the reply!
the URL is http://www.compasseduc.com/erecruiting/application.aspx
If you view it with IE and then Netscape you will see the problem
I'm useing IE 6 and Netscape 7.1

Showjumper

If your are referring to the code for the web.config file, all it does is
provide compatibility for gecko based browsers - Netscape 7, Mozilla so that
the style for a server control will be sent with the html for the gecko
powered browsers. It doesnt do anything for IE and doesnt have to.
BBeasley said:
Showjumper,
Will that code work with Netscape as well as IE?
Thanks