browser encoding

Adnan Selimovic

Hi folks!

I set globalization section like this:

<globalization requestEncoding="UTF-8"
responseEncoding="UTF-8"
fileEncoding="UTF-8"
culture="en-US" />

and I also set this meta tag on a web page:

but all browsers say that the page is in Western European encoding and not
UTF-8.

Request.Charset is set to "Windows-1252" for some reason. When I set it to
"UTF-8" everything works. Why is that needed when I set globalization
section and put meta tag?

Adnan