Browsing Files on IIS Server

J P Singh

We have a department who scans a lot of pictures for each project they work
on and then emails them out to about 100 odd users within the company. This
causes lots of problems hence we decided to map thier folder to a webserver
so instead of them emailing out everything they can send out a link to allow
users to view the pictures in thier browsers.

What they effectively do is every time they start work on a new project they
create a sub folder with that particular project number and save the
pictures in there.

the users can see the pictures by using the url like

http://ourserver/xxxxxx

where xxxxxx is the project number.

We have used the file system object to generate a list of files like the one
below. The question is we want to give our users and option of using the
First , Previous, Next and Last links when viewing the files in any folder
so they don't have to keep clicking every single file to view it.

One solution that I could think of was to have a java script pop with the
links but don't know how to code it. Does anyone have any idea how I can
accomplish this. Also thing to keep in mind is that new subfolders are being
created every week.

<%
'Create our filesystem object
Set objFS = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
'Get this folder
FolderPath=Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH") & "files"
Set objFolder = objFS.GetFolder(FolderPath)
Set objFiles = objFolder.Files
For Each objFile In objFiles %>
<TR>
<TD><font size="2" face="Verdana"><%=objFile.ParentFolder%></font></TD>
<TD><font size="2" face="Verdana"><% Response.Write("<a href='files\"
+ objFile.Name + "' target = " & "_blank" & ">" + objFile.Name +
"<br>")%></font></TD>
</TR>
<% Next %>

Jeff Cochran

If these are all images, you might look into one of the many photo
album scripts floating around. Some will produce thumbnails as well.

Jeff

Dale J. Kovacs

You could always place everything within an array then
loop through the array.

Dale J. Kovacs

Since our database is currently unavailable and I may need
something like this in the future I took some time and
created what I believe you are looking for. If you wish
to drop me an e-mail I will be happy to send you the two
pages I crated to handle this.

- Dale

bart plessers

I just have the same request.
Currently developping a web based file browser.
Here you can see an example:
http://www.sportconsult.be/browser/

the folders and contents are dynamically read with
Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
the folder contents is just listed right know, but I am working on creating
thumbs on the fly

It is still in a beta fase, but let me know what you think about.

regards,

bartp

Hyper A.R.T.
bart plessers
Paul Van Ostaijenlaan 4
3001 Heverlee
BELGIUM
tel: +32 (16) 23.40.85
fax: +32 (16) 23.41.06

John Burns

Why not try something like jalbum?
www.datadosen.se
it runs on java virtual machine, but set it up and save the defaults, you
can then click 'make album' or 'rebuild all'. Clicking make album only
creates thumbnails for new images and re-creates all of the html files.
I have a photo directory of over 2000 images and it works wonders.

-John

Bart Plessers \(artabel\)

yes indeed. Nice software!

However, the asp tools is just a 'project' for me. Good for learning and
..... fully custumizable too...

thanx for the link