Buffering in Wing and IDLE 3

Franck Ditter

Hi,
I'm using Python 3.2.x with beginners.
If I try the following in IDLE 3, it works as expected :

from time import sleep
import sys

for i in range(4) :
sys.stdout.write(str(i))
sys.stdout.flush()
sleep(1)

but with Wing-101, it write 0123 after the total sleep time.
Why ???

I would prefer to use IDLE but as we are in France, the Python team
does not seem to be aware that the ~ and others are not available
on MacOS-X here (probably the same in Europe)...

franck

Terry Reedy

I would prefer to use IDLE but as we are in France, the Python team
does not seem to be aware that the ~ and others are not available
on MacOS-X here (probably the same in Europe)...

We are quite aware of the problem but cannot directly do anything about
it as the problem is with tcl/tk and Apple. A couple of days ago, Kevin
Walzer wrote on an IDLE-sig post "I'm currently reviewing an updated
patch to address the problem. When I commit the patch, it will go into
both Tk's trunk and in the Cocoa 8.5 backport, and eventually be
available through ActiveState's distribution."