Building Dynamic tablecells

gane kol

Hi,

In C# code behind, I have to generate the table row and cells dynamically
based on the value stored in the datatable.
For eg:
In my datatable,

Element Type ElementRow
(column name) (columnname)
--------------------------------
label 1
textbox 1
fieldvalidator 1
Label 2
textbox 2

I need to create 2 rows, one with 3 columns and another with 2 columns
inside the rows based on the datatable elementrow column.
Is there any method available to fetch unique records based on a column and
count properties?
any help with eg. appreciated.

Thanks
Gane

Lars Netzel

I'm not sure what you are after in the question really , sounds like you are
making things a bit harder than they need to be.

I would use a a Datagrid with ONE template column and then, in ItemCreated
or ItemDataBound build my own HTML Table and then typ ethat out in a label
in the Template column or something.. then you are not stopped by anything
when it comes to alignments and stuff.

/Lars