building libmocha and RBGui

ahso47

Hi
trying to compile old 0.5 hydrax editor sources. Downloaded the dependencies tar from: http://rbgui.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rbgui/
Now how to build in Linux/Eclipse? If I simply include the headers include path in hydrax I get:
/home/ahso/workspace/rbgui/Mocha/Include/Mocha/DataSection.h:32:29: fatal error: Mocha/Rectangle.h: No such file or directory
etc.
Many thanks

Victor Bazarov

trying to compile old 0.5 hydrax editor sources. Downloaded the
dependencies tar from:
http://rbgui.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rbgui/ Now how to build in
Linux/Eclipse? If I simply include the headers include path in hydrax
I get:
/home/ahso/workspace/rbgui/Mocha/Include/Mocha/DataSection.h:32:29:
fatal error: Mocha/Rectangle.h: No such file or directory etc.

"No such file" usually happens when the compiler can't find the file,
which means that your 'include' environment variable has not been set up
properly (on Linux/Unix/DOS/Windows and derived OSes). However, *how to
set up* your compile environment is *off-topic* in this newsgroup - we
discuss the C++ language, not specific tools. Please consider posting
to the newsgroup that deals with your OS.

ahso47

Yes added those includes, but now it might be more c++ relevant:

/home/michael/workspace/rbgui/Mocha/Include/Mocha/Stream.h:65:3: error: 'WriteStream' was not declared in this scope

I made a new Eclipse project for hydraxeditor and only added the include directory of rbgui in Eclipse. What could I miss?

See also here:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/367474/

Thanks again

Victor Bazarov

Yes added those includes, but now it might be more c++ relevant:

/home/michael/workspace/rbgui/Mocha/Include/Mocha/Stream.h:65:3:
error: 'WriteStream' was not declared in this scope

I made a new Eclipse project for hydraxeditor and only added the
include directory of rbgui in Eclipse. What could I miss?

Some other directory, perhaps...

I don't know what 'RBGui' is or how reliable their code might be.
Perhaps you need to include some other header before including their
'Stream.h' (if you're just including their 'Stream.h', that is). In any
case, consider reading the FAQ 5.8.

ahso47

Anyone could download rbgui from 1st post, do simply a "scons" on linux and tell me what to install?
I'm stuck with that...it compiles on Windows but I need that on Linux.

Rui Maciel

Anyone could download rbgui from 1st post, do simply a "scons" on linux
and tell me what to install? I'm stuck with that...it compiles on Windows
but I need that on Linux.

Why aren't you asking that to the people who developed the software?

Rui Maciel

ahso47

I did send a message at sourceforge, but got no answer. They even mention to only give commercial support for Windows.

red floyd

I did send a message at sourceforge, but got no answer. They even
mention to only give commercial support for Windows.
I wanted help with my car, but my mechanic was out. Since my butcher
uses a truck, I figured I'd ask him.

Dude, please see FAQ 5.8. You're OT here.

jacob navia

Le 14/07/12 16:19, (e-mail address removed) a écrit :
I did send a message at sourceforge, but got no answer. They even mention to only give commercial support for Windows.

There is an EASY solution then:

PAY THEM for their work. Why should they work for you for free?
Why should the people in this group work for free?

Do YOU work for free?

Ahh, you see?

They don't either.

jacob

Jorgen Grahn

Le 14/07/12 16:19, (e-mail address removed) a écrit :
There is an EASY solution then:

PAY THEM for their work. Why should they work for you for free?
Why should the people in this group work for free?

Do YOU work for free?

Ahh, you see?

They don't either.

Put a bit differently: there are things people here gladly help with
for free:
- stuff they know well
- stuff they find fun and challenging
- stuff they have a personal special interest in

The OP's problem fits none of those categories: it appears to be a
boring build problem in an obscure, badly supported and (I suspect)
rarely used piece of software.

/Jorgen