    etc.
    Many thanks

    , Jul 13, 2012

  2. On 7/13/2012 4:38 AM, wrote:
    > trying to compile old 0.5 hydrax editor sources. Downloaded the
    > dependencies tar from:
    > http://rbgui.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rbgui/ Now how to build in
    > Linux/Eclipse? If I simply include the headers include path in hydrax
    > I get:
    > /home/ahso/workspace/rbgui/Mocha/Include/Mocha/DataSection.h:32:29:
    > fatal error: Mocha/Rectangle.h: No such file or directory etc.

    "No such file" usually happens when the compiler can't find the file,
    which means that your 'include' environment variable has not been set up
    properly (on Linux/Unix/DOS/Windows and derived OSes). However, *how to
    set up* your compile environment is *off-topic* in this newsgroup - we
    discuss the C++ language, not specific tools. Please consider posting
    to the newsgroup that deals with your OS.

    Victor Bazarov, Jul 13, 2012

    Yes added those includes, but now it might be more c++ relevant:

    /home/michael/workspace/rbgui/Mocha/Include/Mocha/Stream.h:65:3: error: 'WriteStream' was not declared in this scope

    I made a new Eclipse project for hydraxeditor and only added the include directory of rbgui in Eclipse. What could I miss?

    See also here:
    http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/367474/

    Thanks again

    , Jul 13, 2012
  4. On 7/13/2012 12:22 PM, wrote:
    > Yes added those includes, but now it might be more c++ relevant:
    >
    > /home/michael/workspace/rbgui/Mocha/Include/Mocha/Stream.h:65:3:
    > error: 'WriteStream' was not declared in this scope
    >
    > I made a new Eclipse project for hydraxeditor and only added the
    > include directory of rbgui in Eclipse. What could I miss?

    Some other directory, perhaps...

    > See also here:
    > http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/367474/

    I don't know what 'RBGui' is or how reliable their code might be.
    Perhaps you need to include some other header before including their
    'Stream.h' (if you're just including their 'Stream.h', that is). In any
    case, consider reading the FAQ 5.8.

    Victor Bazarov, Jul 13, 2012

    Anyone could download rbgui from 1st post, do simply a "scons" on linux and tell me what to install?
    I'm stuck with that...it compiles on Windows but I need that on Linux.

    , Jul 14, 2012
  6. Rui Maciel Guest

    wrote:

    > Anyone could download rbgui from 1st post, do simply a "scons" on linux
    > and tell me what to install? I'm stuck with that...it compiles on Windows
    > but I need that on Linux.

    Why aren't you asking that to the people who developed the software?

    Rui Maciel

    Rui Maciel, Jul 14, 2012

    I did send a message at sourceforge, but got no answer. They even mention to only give commercial support for Windows.

    , Jul 14, 2012
  8. red floyd Guest

    On 7/14/2012 7:19 AM, wrote:
    > I did send a message at sourceforge, but got no answer. They even
    > mention to only give commercial support for Windows.

    I wanted help with my car, but my mechanic was out. Since my butcher
    uses a truck, I figured I'd ask him.

    Dude, please see FAQ 5.8. You're OT here.

    red floyd, Jul 16, 2012
  9. jacob navia Guest

    Le 14/07/12 16:19, a écrit :
    > I did send a message at sourceforge, but got no answer. They even mention to only give commercial support for Windows.

    There is an EASY solution then:

    PAY THEM for their work. Why should they work for you for free?
    Why should the people in this group work for free?

    Do YOU work for free?

    Ahh, you see?

    They don't either.

    jacob

    jacob navia, Jul 16, 2012
  10. Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Mon, 2012-07-16, jacob navia wrote:
    > Le 14/07/12 16:19, a écrit :
    >> I did send a message at sourceforge, but got no answer. They even
    >> mention to only give commercial support for Windows.

    > There is an EASY solution then:
    >
    > PAY THEM for their work. Why should they work for you for free?
    > Why should the people in this group work for free?
    >
    > Do YOU work for free?
    >
    > Ahh, you see?
    >
    > They don't either.

    Put a bit differently: there are things people here gladly help with
    for free:
    - stuff they know well
    - stuff they find fun and challenging
    - stuff they have a personal special interest in

    The OP's problem fits none of those categories: it appears to be a
    boring build problem in an obscure, badly supported and (I suspect)
    rarely used piece of software.

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .