    it _has_ to be dynamically linked).

    Does anyone know the recipe ?

    Phil

    Phil Tomson, Feb 17, 2004

  2. "Phil Tomson" <>
    > I'm trying to build my own statically linked ruby.exe using VC++.

    <snip>

    > Does anyone know the recipe ?

    A naive suggestion: will creating a simple "Win32 Console Application"
    project and then adding all the required C files one by one as needed
    do the job ?

    Admittedly a very tedious process, considering that there are about
    175 files. But if push comes to shove!

    Or am I completely off ?
    -- shanko

    Shashank Date, Feb 20, 2004

  3. Phil Tomson

    daz Guest

    "Phil Tomson" wrote:
    > I'm trying to build my own statically linked ruby.exe using VC++. The
    > Makefile.sub builds a dynamically linked ruby.exe that depends on
    > msvcrt-ruby18.dll. I tried modifying the Makefile.sub to link to the
    > static library msvcrt-ruby18-static.lib, but I still end up with what
    > seems to be a dynamically linked ruby.exe (since it's only 4608 bytes,
    > it _has_ to be dynamically linked).
    >
    > Does anyone know the recipe ?

    Hi Phil,

    Probably waay too late to be useful to _you, but miniruby.exe is
    an example of what you're looking for. It's built along with
    everything else by Makefile.sub.

    daz

    daz, Feb 26, 2004