    any good info on this.

    Rgds
    Sven
    S Olson, Nov 8, 2005

  2. S Olson

    Guest

    Instead of having a session variable called IsLoggedIn or whatever I
    often have a session variable with the same name as the user level
    field in the users table which may be called UserLevel. This is
    because different levels of users such as Admin or User can access
    different things on the Web pages.

    And perhaps this may hopefully give you some ideas:

    Classic ASP Design Tips - Login Page
    http://www.bullschmidt.com/devtip-loginpage.asp

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

    >I assume that mostly, asp programmers use their >own session variable to
    >know whether a user is to be considered is-logged->on (together with a
    >home-written log-on form web page).

    >However, I wonder if there is a convention for the >name of such a
    >variable?

    >And does asp/iis have a built-in is-logged-on status >variable? For
    >example when IIS is to render a normal html page >with an acl that
    >invokes a basic authentication, can I as an asp >programmer make use of
    >that status variable, and can I write to it to force a >logout
    >programatically?

    >So, this is not about it there is a session as such, it >is about beeing
    >logge-on inside an asp-session. I've looked around >but haven't found
    >any good info on this.
    >
    >Rgds
    >Sven
    , Nov 14, 2005