    the default position at the left of the top line?
    TIA
    Brian Tozer

    KiwiBrian, Jun 6, 2005

  2. KiwiBrian

    Spartanicus Guest

    "KiwiBrian" <> wrote:

    >If I have a li entry in a ul list and the entry wraps over 3 lines, is there
    >any way of positioning the bullet to the left of the middle line, instead of
    >the default position at the left of the top line?

    No.

    You could disable the list marker and use a background image on the list
    element instead. This would give you control over the vertical
    positioning of the "bullet". Consider however that this wrecks the
    normal fall back for situations where the client has images disabled, if
    you use a graphic list bullet then a graphical browser will replace the
    image with the system generated bullet if images are disabled, this
    feature is lost if you use a background image to fake a list marker.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jun 6, 2005

  3. Spartanicus wrote:

    > "KiwiBrian" <> wrote:
    >

    >>If I have a li entry in a ul list and the entry wraps over 3 lines, is there
    >>any way of positioning the bullet to the left of the middle line, instead of
    >>the default position at the left of the top line?

    > No.
    >
    > You could disable the list marker and use a background image on the list
    > element instead. This would give you control over the vertical
    > positioning of the "bullet". Consider however that this wrecks the
    > normal fall back for situations where the client has images disabled, if
    > you use a graphic list bullet then a graphical browser will replace the
    > image with the system generated bullet if images are disabled, this
    > feature is lost if you use a background image to fake a list marker.

    With inline-images and "alt" text this seems do-able. Albeit a bit hard.
    Isn't it?

    Best regards,
    Animesh

    Animesh Kumar, Jun 6, 2005
  4. KiwiBrian

    Spartanicus Guest

    Animesh Kumar <> wrote:

    >>>If I have a li entry in a ul list and the entry wraps over 3 lines, is there
    >>>any way of positioning the bullet to the left of the middle line, instead of
    >>>the default position at the left of the top line?

    >> No.
    >>
    >> You could disable the list marker and use a background image on the list
    >> element instead. This would give you control over the vertical
    >> positioning of the "bullet". Consider however that this wrecks the
    >> normal fall back for situations where the client has images disabled, if
    >> you use a graphic list bullet then a graphical browser will replace the
    >> image with the system generated bullet if images are disabled, this
    >> feature is lost if you use a background image to fake a list marker.

    >With inline-images and "alt" text this seems do-able.

    Nope.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jun 7, 2005