Bullet points on Ruby 1.8 vs. 1.9 language??

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Is there some list of "bullet points" on the major differences between
the syntax of Ruby 1.8 and Ruby 1.9 available somewhere? I'm starting to
get serious about testing my small but growing collection of Ruby code
with 1.9, so I'm in need of something like "Ruby 1.9 for the Ruby 1.8
programmer."

Speaking of which, I'm starting to re-activate my benchmarking and
profiling efforts. I had some issues with libtool, gcc 4.2.0, linkers,
and gcov a few days ago but they've been mostly resolved. There will be
a major update of the MatrixBenchmark in the next couple of weeks now
that I have profiling working again.

Tim Pease

Is there some list of "bullet points" on the major differences between
the syntax of Ruby 1.8 and Ruby 1.9 available somewhere? I'm starting to
get serious about testing my small but growing collection of Ruby code
with 1.9, so I'm in need of something like "Ruby 1.9 for the Ruby 1.8
programmer."

Mauricio is keeping a running list of new features in 1.9 on his blog ...

http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?Changes+in+Ruby+1.9

Blessings,
TwP