Bump map in 2D terrain

liquidice

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any information on how to do bump mapping
on a 2d terrain. Yes, this is for a game and the terrain will consist
of tiles.

One of the important things I need is to be able to determine the
height of any given part of the map as well as the algorithm on how the
shading works for the terrain.

Thank You :)

Victor Bazarov

I was wondering if anyone had any information on how to do bump
mapping on a 2d terrain. Yes, this is for a game and the terrain will
consist of tiles. [..]

Have you tried 'comp.graphics.*' or 'comp.games.development.programming.*'
hierarchies? Your question doesn't seem on topic here...

liquidice

Just posted in the programming one. Though this isn't directly related
to the language, its still c++ code so I thought it was still in topic.