installation problems:
Data::Dumper Apache::Request
</output>

How do I resolve this?

Garry

gunzip

One source advised installing Apache::Test but that produced another error:

Skip the test suite? [No]
make: *** [run_tests] Error 1
/usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

Why is it such a pain in the *** getting Perl to work? And we wonder why web
developers have turned in their droves to PHP. This kind of experience is
exactly why.

Garry

gunzip

Looking closer at the output, this seemed relevant but I'm still no wiser:

<output>
[warning] rerunning '/usr/bin/perl
/private/var/root/.cpan/build/Apache-Test-1.10/t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0'
with new config opts
[warning] root mode: changing the files ownership to 'nobody'
(4294967294:4294967294)
[warning] testing whether 'nobody' is able to -rwx
/private/var/root/.cpan/build/Apache-Test-1.10/t
"/usr/bin/perl" -Mlib=lib -MApache::TestRun -e 'eval {
Apache::TestRun::run_root_fs_test(4294967294, 4294967294,
q[/private/var/root/.cpan/build/Apache-Test-1.10/t]) }';

[warning] result:
[ error] You are running the test suite under user 'root'.
Apache cannot spawn child processes as 'root', therefore
we attempt to run the test suite with user 'nobody' (4294967294:4294967294).
The problem is that the path (including all parent directories):
/private/var/root/.cpan/build/Apache-Test-1.10/t
must be 'rwx' by user 'nobody', so Apache can read and write under that
path.

There are several ways to resolve this issue. One is to move and
rebuild the distribution to '/tmp/' and repeat the 'make test'
phase. The other is not to run 'make test' as root (i.e. building
under your /home/user directory).

You can test whether some directory is suitable for 'make test' under
'root', by running a simple test. For example to test a directory
'/private/var/root/.cpan/build/Apache-Test-1.10/t', run:

% "/usr/bin/perl" -Mlib=lib -MApache::TestRun -e 'eval {
Apache::TestRun::run_root_fs_test(4294967294, 4294967294,
q[/private/var/root/.cpan/build/Apache-Test-1.10/t]) }';

Only if the test prints 'OK', the directory is suitable to be used for
testing.
</output>

Garry

A. Sinan Unur

Looking closer at the output, this seemed relevant but I'm still no
wiser:

You can read, can't you?

You also said:
Why is it such a pain in the *** getting Perl to work? And we wonder
why web developers have turned in their droves to PHP. This kind of
experience is exactly why.

This issue relates to your lack of knowledge of basic system administration
skills.

gunzip

A. Sinan Unur said:
You can read, can't you?
This issue relates to your lack of knowledge of basic system administration
skills.

Look, shitface, if I wanted a complete idiot to answer my post, I'd have
asked for one. Go back to your burrow.

Garry

Sherm Pendley

gunzip said:
Looking closer at the output, this seemed relevant

It's very relevant. It is, in fact, the answer to your question. Have you
tried doing what the warning message says to do? What happened?

sherm--

gunzip

Sherm said:
gunzip wrote:

It's very relevant. It is, in fact, the answer to your question. Have you
tried doing what the warning message says to do? What happened?

sherm--

It seemed relevant to me at first until I looked at

/private/var/root/.cpan/build/Apache-Test-1.10/t/

.... and discovered it's permissions to be:

drwxr-xr-x 9 nobody nobody 306 20 Apr 21:35 t

Garry

Matt Garrish

gunzip said:
Look, shitface, if I wanted a complete idiot to answer my post, I'd have
asked for one. Go back to your burrow.

What a mature attitude. Maybe you should put back on the training wheels and
use PHP. Your contribution here certainly won't be missed.

Matt

Chris Mattern

gunzip said:
It seemed relevant to me at first until I looked at

/private/var/root/.cpan/build/Apache-Test-1.10/t/

... and discovered it's permissions to be:

drwxr-xr-x 9 nobody nobody 306 20 Apr 21:35 t

Garry

That's nice. Is /private readable by nobody? Is /private/var?
Is /private/var/root? And so on? If you had bothered to read the error
message you got, you would have found out that they need to be. That's why
the suggested courses of action given in the error message don't inlcude
just checking your permissions, since reworking the permissions of the
entire directory path is probably not a good idea.

--
Christopher Mattern

"Which one you figure tracked us?"
"The ugly one, sir."