Buttons Do Not React

Guest

Hello, I had a web page which was working just fine. I then worked on making it comply with our corporate standards. To do so, I created 3 user controls, two for heading and one for the footer. One of these user controls has a button. After I get all done, when I bring up the page and press the button within the second user control, there is no response. The pressing of the button does not cause a server response at all. It is as if there was some edit which is failing on the client side, but there is not client script associated with this button.

I placed another button on the web form (not in either of the user controls) to see if I could that button to respond, and I get the same results.

The "corporate" standard information that I added has a number of buttons with javascript tied to those buttons. If I press one of "their" buttons without populating the required information, I can see a "error on page" error message in the bottom left corner of the screen.

I am guess that the reason that it is failing has something to do with the corporate std stuff that I added, but I am not sure what to look for. If I do not have any javascript tied to these buttons, why would they be impacted with the existing javascript?

Here is the code which was generated on the form for my button...

<input type="submit" name="cmdGo" value="Retrieve" id="cmdGo" class="btn" style="width:60px;" />

What should I be looking for? I made sure that the system associated the button with the event by ensuring the code for the event was there....

this.cmdGo.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.cmdGo_Click);

Guest

Jim,

Brian