C api to implement perl storable (freeze)

Qiang

I have a perl client server program to exchange data using perl
Storable module. Now I wanted to convert the server program to c++.
Does anyone know is there a C API to implement something similar to
perl freeze? Or anyone knows how does perl freeze works in details?

thanks,
Qiang

Ilya Zakharevich

I have a perl client server program to exchange data using perl
Storable module. Now I wanted to convert the server program to c++.
Does anyone know is there a C API to implement something similar to
perl freeze? Or anyone knows how does perl freeze works in details?

Did you look into Storable.xs? XS is C.

Hope this helps,
Ilya

claus.kick

I have a perl client server program to exchange data using perl
Storable module. Now I wanted to convert the server program to c++.
Does anyone know is there a C API to implement something similar to
perl freeze?   Or anyone knows how does perl freeze works in details?

If your data is not too difficult to grasp, how about using xml as
exchange format?

Xho Jingleheimerschmidt

Qiang said:
I have a perl client server program to exchange data using perl
Storable module. Now I wanted to convert the server program to c++.
Does anyone know is there a C API to implement something similar to
perl freeze?

The guts of the Storable module itself are written in C. But where are
you going to get a Perl data structure to freeze with it?

Xho