    perl freeze? Or anyone knows how does perl freeze works in details?

    thanks,
    Qiang
    Qiang, Aug 3, 2009

  2. On 2009-08-03, Qiang <> wrote:
    > I have a perl client server program to exchange data using perl
    > Storable module. Now I wanted to convert the server program to c++.
    > Does anyone know is there a C API to implement something similar to
    > perl freeze? Or anyone knows how does perl freeze works in details?

    Did you look into Storable.xs? XS is C.

    Hope this helps,
    Ilya
    Ilya Zakharevich, Aug 3, 2009

  3. Qiang

    Guest

    On 3 Aug., 06:10, Qiang <> wrote:
    > I have a perl client server program to exchange data using perl
    > Storable module. Now I wanted to convert the server program to c++.
    > Does anyone know is there a C API to implement something similar to
    > perl freeze?   Or anyone knows how does perl freeze works in details?

    If your data is not too difficult to grasp, how about using xml as
    exchange format?
    , Aug 3, 2009
  4. Qiang wrote:
    > I have a perl client server program to exchange data using perl
    > Storable module. Now I wanted to convert the server program to c++.
    > Does anyone know is there a C API to implement something similar to
    > perl freeze?

    The guts of the Storable module itself are written in C. But where are
    you going to get a Perl data structure to freeze with it?

    Xho
    Xho Jingleheimerschmidt, Aug 4, 2009