C++ documentation extracter

Prathap

Hi All,
I looked at a couple of tools for c++ documentation - doc++, kdoc,
doxygen. I am kind of feeling doxygen syntax a little cryptic with all
those "\" back slashes and "!" exclamation marks. I am looking for
suggestsions, pros/cons from you folks about these tools and the best
one to go with.

thanks

James Kanze

Prathap said:
I looked at a couple of tools for c++ documentation - doc++, kdoc,
doxygen. I am kind of feeling doxygen syntax a little cryptic with all
those "\" back slashes and "!" exclamation marks. I am looking for
suggestsions, pros/cons from you folks about these tools and the best
one to go with.

I'm using Doxygen currently, which is all right, as far as it
goes. The basic problem, however, is that all of these tools go
about it in reverse: they extract the documentation from source
files (particularly headers), where as you can't really write
the source files until you have the documentation.

I suspect that the real answer is something like cweb. But for
the moment, at least, the fact that using it would require
migrating a large body of existing code is holding me up.

Richard Herring

In message
Hi All,
I looked at a couple of tools for c++ documentation - doc++, kdoc,
doxygen. I am kind of feeling doxygen syntax a little cryptic with all
those "\" back slashes and "!" exclamation marks.

If you think _that_'s cryptic, maybe C++ is not the language for you ;-\
I am looking for
suggestsions, pros/cons from you folks about these tools and the best
one to go with.

FWIW, Doxygen can also handle Javadoc notation, using @ instead of \,
and no need for !.