C++ experts advice needed

Discussion in 'C++' started by sandSpiderX, Jul 15, 2005.

  1. sandSpiderX

    sandSpiderX Guest

    Hi,
    Can any one explain this to me....

    "For every quintuple (C1, C2, T, CV1, CV2), where C2 is a class type,
    C1 is the same type as C2 or is a
    derived class of C2, T is an object type or a function type, and CV1
    and CV2 are cvqualifierseqs,
    there
    exist candidate operator functions of the form
    CV12 T& operator>*(
    CV1 C1*, CV2 T C2::*);
    where CV12 is the union of CV1 and CV2."

    Everything is understandble , but for
    CV2 T C2::*

    what does this mean ?

    Help
    sandSpiderX

    sandSpiderX, Jul 15, 2005

  2. sandSpiderX

    sandSpiderX Guest

    operator is :- as shown above ,

    CV12 T& operator->*(CV1 C1*, CV2 T C2::*);

    thanks...
    sandSpiderX

    sandSpiderX, Jul 15, 2005

  3. sandSpiderX

    msalters Guest

    sandSpiderX schreef:
    > Hi,
    > Can any one explain this to me....
    >
    > "For every quintuple (C1, C2, T, CV1, CV2), where C2 is a class type,
    > C1 is the same type as C2 or is a
    > derived class of C2, T is an object type or a function type, and CV1
    > and CV2 are cvqualifierseqs,
    > there
    > exist candidate operator functions of the form
    > CV12 T& operator>*(
    > CV1 C1*, CV2 T C2::*);
    > where CV12 is the union of CV1 and CV2."
    >
    > Everything is understandble , but for
    > CV2 T C2::*

    It's a member pointer
    T is the type of the member, and C2 is the class that contains a T.
    Since C1 is derived from C2, it will contain the same member of type T.

    Members can have a cv-qualifier seq too and CV2 is that cv-qualifier
    seq.

    So if you have a const int Base::m_i; then &Base::m_i is a CV2 T C2::*
    with CV2=const, T=int and C2==Base.

    HTH,
    Michiel Salters

    msalters, Jul 15, 2005