C++ Fundu queries ??

nilavya

Hi Masters,,

I have got much help from this group. Want to know answers of some of
the basic questions.

1. What is rather what are the differences between 'class' and 'struct'
?

2. What is the difference between 'new' and 'malloc' ?

3. What is operator overriding and operator overloading, and what are
the advantages of each of them ?

4. What is the concept of pure virtual function and its advantage ?

Seems i have asked lot in few words!!!!!

Thanks,
With Best Regards,
Bhagat Nirav K.

Jonathan Mcdougall

nilavya said:
Hi Masters,,

Hello my young padawan. First lesson today: RTFM.

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
I have got much help from this group. Want to know answers of some of
the basic questions.

1. What is rather what are the differences between 'class' and 'struct'
?
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/classes-and-objects.html#faq-7.8

2. What is the difference between 'new' and 'malloc' ?
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/freestore-mgmt.html#faq-16.4

3. What is operator overriding and operator overloading, and what are
the advantages of each of them ?
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/operator-overloading.html#faq-13.1

4. What is the concept of pure virtual function and its advantage ?

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/abcs.html#faq-22.4

Jonathan

Jaspreet

nilavya said:
Hi Masters,,
Seems i have asked lot in few words!!!!!

Thanks,
With Best Regards,
Bhagat Nirav K.

int main()
{
cout<<"Please open a C++ book to find the answers and let us know if
you have any doubts";
return 0;