[C++ Now! 2012] Deadline extension: Call for Submissions, newdeadline is January 20th, 2012

Discussion in 'C++' started by hkaiser, Jan 10, 2012.

  1. hkaiser

    hkaiser Guest

    INAUGURAL C++ NOW! CONFERENCE 2012
    Aspen CO, USA, May 14-18, 2012, www.cppnow.org

    CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

    We invite you to submit session proposals to the Inaugural C++ Now!
    Conference: C++Now! 2012 (Aspen CO, USA, May 14 - 18, 2012).

    Based on the successful traditions of 5 years of BoostCon, which was
    the main face-to-face event for all things C++ and Boost
    (www.boost.org), C++Now! 2012 will present leading speakers from
    the whole C++ community. The conference name is changing to C++
    Now! to reflect the current value of the language, the focus on its
    new state (from the new Standard), and the need to continually look
    to the future so the language remains useful to the C++ community.

    The focus of this conference will be the new C++11 language Standard
    and as usual Boost: what’s new in C++, its Standard library, and in
    the Boost libraries, how to write and maintain them, how to
    evangelize or to deploy Boost within your organization. The new C++
    Standard, but also the infrastructure and process of Boost, its
    vision and mission – no matter what you are interested in, it all
    comes together in the C++Now! sessions. Meet the colleagues, and
    feel the inspiration to support your work with C++ and Boost for the
    next year.

    The C++ Now! Conference is dedicated to discussion and education
    about C++, an open and free language and standard. Our Conference
    will focus on discussion and education about open source software
    usage and developments in the C++ developer and user community.

    To reflect the breadth of the C++ and Boost communities, the
    conference includes sessions aimed at three constituencies: C++ and
    Boost end-users, hard-core Boost library and tool developers, and
    researchers pushing the boundaries of computation. The program
    fosters interaction and engagement within and across those groups,
    with an emphasis on hands-on, participatory sessions.

    As a multi-paradigm language, C++ is a melting pot where the most
    compelling ideas from other programming communities are blended
    in powerful ways. Historically, some of the most popular sessions at
    C++Now! have highlighted these concepts, from DSLs to functional
    programming to transactional memory and more. Bring your C#,
    Python, Ruby or Haskell influences to bear in an environment that will
    broaden their exposure.

    IMPORTANT DATES
    New proposal submissions due: January 20th, 2012. UPDATED!
    Proposals decisions sent (tentative program): February 17th, 2012.
    Fully scheduled program available: February 25th, 2012.
    Session materials due: April 15th, 2012.

    BEST PRESENTATION AWARDS

    We know how much effort it takes to prepare talks for our conference.
    For this reason we will award the best presentations in the following
    categories: Best Presentation, Best Short Presentation, Best Tutorial,
    and Best Workshop. The awards will be given based on the audience’s
    voting. Each award will include the author's name listed on the cover
    of the C++Now! website for that year and a plaque containing all the
    C++Now! conference information.

    SESSION TOPICS

    Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to, the following:
    * C++11 and how it changes life for users and library writers
    * General tutorial sessions on C++11, the C++11 Standardslibrary,
    and one or more Boost libraries
    * In-depth sessions on using specific Boost libraries
    * Case studies on using Boost
    * Experts panels
    * Advanced sessions on implementation techniques used within Boost
    libraries
    * Development workshops to extend or enhance existing Boost
    libraries
    * Workshops on design process
    * Infrastructure workshops such as Build tools, Website, Testing
    * Concepts and Generic Programming
    * Hardware and infrastructure presentations focused on how
    libraries can make better use of the technology
    * Software development tools and their application to C++ and or
    Boost
    * Other topics likely to be of great interest to Boost users and
    developers

    Interactive and collaborative sessions are encouraged, as this is the
    style of learning and participation that has proven most successful at
    such events. Sessions can be tutorial based, with an emphasis on
    interaction and participant involvement, or workshop based, whether
    hands-on programming or paper-based, discussion-driven
    collaborative work.

    SESSION FORMATS

    Presentations Presentations focus on a practitioner's ideas and
    experience with anything relevant to C++11, Boost
    and
    users.
    Panels Panels feature three or four people presenting their
    ideas and experiences relating to C++11 and Boost's
    relevant, controversial, emerging, or unresolved
    issues.
    Panels may be conducted in several ways, such as
    comparative, analytic, or historic.
    Tutorials Tutorials are sessions at which instructors teach
    conference participants specific skills relevant to
    C++11 and Boost.
    Workshops Workshops provide an active arena for advancements
    In Boost-relevant topics. Workshops provide the
    opportunity for experienced practitioners to
    develop
    new ideas about a topic of common interest and
    experience.
    Author's Corner These were introduced at BoostCon 2008, and were a
    great Presentations success They are short (30
    minute) sessions, focusing on tips on usage and
    design. In addition, we're looking to uncover the
    hidden design gems in Boost libraries.
    Tool Vendors We actively encourage tool vendors and ISP’s to
    submit presentations proposals for a special Tool
    Vendors Session Track aimed at products related to
    Boost and C++ (compilers, libraries, tools, etc.).

    Other formats may also be of interest. Don't hold back a proposal just
    because it doesn't fit into a pigeonhole.

    SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL

    Standard Sessions are 60 minutes. You may submit a proposal for
    fractions or multiples of 90-minutes. Fractional proposals will be
    grouped into 60 minute sessions covering related topics. Longer
    sessions, such as tutorials and classes, will be assigned 90 minute,
    three hour (i.e. half day), or six hour (i.e. full day) time slots.

    Please include:
    * The working title.
    * Type of session: presentation, panel, tutorial, workshop,
    authors corner, vendor track, other.
    * A paragraph or two describing the topic covered, suitable for
    the conference web site.
    * Proposed length: 10-20 minute short talks, 45 minutes, 90
    minutes, half day, full day.
    * Alternate lengths, if you are willing to make adjustments: 10-
    20 minute short-talks, 45 minutes, 90 minutes, half-day, full
    day.
    * Audience: users, developers, both.
    * Level: basic, intermediate, advanced.
    * A biography, suitable for the conference web site.
    * Your contact information (will not be made public).

    SUBMISSION DETAILS

    All submissions should be made through the EasyChair conference
    management system: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cppnow2012.
    If you have not already registered at EasyChair, you will need to do
    so in order to submit your proposal.

    All submissions will go through a peer review process.

    Authors are invited (but are not required) to submit PDF versions of
    full papers of up to 10 pages in ACM conference proceedings format
    (see http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates).
    The full papers are not required unless you want them published in
    the proceedings.

    All accepted proposals will be made available in the Association for
    Computing Machinery (ACM) Digital Library (approval pending). Best
    papers, after further reviews, will be considered to be book chapters
    or journal articles in a renowned journal.

    The session materials go on the C++Now! website and will be available
    to attendees.

    For general information on the C++Now! 2012 paper submission or
    the scope of technical papers solicited, please refer to the
    conference
    website at www.cppnow.org. For any other questions about the
    submission process or paper format, please contact the Program
    Committee at . If you have any technical
    problems with EasyChair, please contact EasyChair for help.

    Note: Presenters must agree to grant a non-exclusive perpetual
    license to publish submitted materials, either electronically or
    in print, in any media related to C++ Now!.

    Hartmut Kaiser, email: (Program Committee
    Chair)
    Dave Abrahams, email: (Conference Chair)

    On behalf of the conference organizers

    hkaiser, Jan 10, 2012

  2. hkaiser

    Ebenezer Guest

    Re: Deadline extension: Call for Submissions, new deadline is January20th, 2012

    On Jan 10, 10:53 am, hkaiser <> wrote:
> [...]
    > so in order to submit your proposal.
    >
    > All submissions will go through a peer review process.
    >
    > Authors are invited (but are not required) to submit PDF versions of
    > full papers of up to 10 pages in ACM conference proceedings format
    > (seehttp://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates).
    > The full papers are not required unless you want them published in
    > the proceedings.
    >
    > All accepted proposals will be made available in the Association for
    > Computing Machinery (ACM) Digital Library (approval pending). Best
    > papers, after further reviews, will be considered to be book chapters
    > or journal articles in a renowned journal.
    >
    > The session materials go on the C++Now! website and will be available
    > to attendees.
    >
    > For general information on the C++Now! 2012 paper submission or
    > the scope of technical papers solicited, please refer to the

    I clicked on that but didn't get to the site.
    Maybe you want --
    http://www.cppnow.org

    Brian Wood
    Ebenezer Enterprises
    http://webEbenezer.net

    Ebenezer, Jan 12, 2012

  3. hkaiser

    Ian Collins Guest

    On 01/13/12 08:23 AM, Ebenezer wrote:
    > On Jan 10, 10:53 am, hkaiser<> wrote:
    >>
    >> For general information on the C++Now! 2012 paper submission or
    >> the scope of technical papers solicited, please refer to the
    >> conference
    >> website at www.cppnow.org.

    > I clicked on that but didn't get to the site.
    > Maybe you want --
    > http://www.cppnow.org

    Did you really have to quote the entire article just to add that?

    The original link is fine in a normal news client.

    --
    Ian Collins

    Ian Collins, Jan 12, 2012
  4. hkaiser

    On Jan 12, 2:35 pm, Ian Collins <> wrote:
    > On 01/13/12 08:23 AM, Ebenezer wrote:
    >
    > > On Jan 10, 10:53 am, hkaiser<>  wrote:

    > >> For general information on the C++Now! 2012 paper submission or
    > >> the scope of technical papers solicited, please refer to the
    > >> conference
    > >> website atwww.cppnow.org.

    > > I clicked on that but didn't get to the site.
    > > Maybe you want --
    > >http://www.cppnow.org

    > Did you really have to quote the entire article just to add that?
    >
    > The original link is fine in a normal news client.

    Lots of people use cheap interfaces though. He uses
    http:// in other places in the article, so he could
    just add it in this case. He's probably going to be
    posting this stuff a few more times so he may want to
    add that.

    Ebenezer, Jan 13, 2012