<c:out/> and escaping of unicode format

zakasbanda

Guys

I need your help. I use struts core c library to output strings on the
pages (<c:eek:ut/>). I am required to escape strings for proper HTML
rendering. So I use <c:eek:ut escapeXml="true"/>. I know escapeXml="true"
by default. Now we are moving to internationalization and the first
thing is to be able to accept and display back international
characters. For international characters I get string with bunch of
charcters in @#xxxx format. And <c:eek:ut/> escaple @ to @amp that causes
the IE to display @#xxxx as is rather than interpreting the correct
character. If I turn off the escapeing (escapeXml="false"), IE shows
the right characters. Could you guys please suggest possible
solutions?

1. I can NOT turn off the escaping but I do NOT want @ in @#xxxx to be
escaped.
2. I use <c:eek:ut/> at tousands of places. If there is a better tag/
solution out there I will be happy to find and replace.

Please help.

Thanks,