C Programming

Davo

Hello,

I am looking for active newsgroups, productive user friendly tutorials, good
weblinks, and local private tutors especially (Melbourne Australia) in the
programming
language C (not C++ at this stage). Any information or advice with anything
to do with the
language will be much appreciated.

Regards

Dave

Mike Wahler

Davo said:
Hello,

I am looking for active newsgroups,

Here you are. :)
productive user friendly tutorials, good
weblinks,
http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html

and local private tutors especially (Melbourne Australia)

Sorry, I can't help with that. Tried a newspaper ad,
or consulting with local schools? Perhaps you might
even enroll in a class or two.
in the
programming
language C (not C++ at this stage).

Then why did you post this to comp.lang.c++?
Any information or advice with anything
to do with the
language will be much appreciated.

I advise you start with the links I cited above.
I will tell you that you will need books (yes, the
paper kind). You cannot learn C solely from internet
resources and tutors.

-Mike

Ulrich Eckhardt

Davo said:
I am looking for active newsgroups, productive user friendly tutorials,
good weblinks, and local private tutors especially (Melbourne Australia)
in the programming language C (not C++ at this stage).

Mind you, C and C++ are separate languages! You don't have to learn C
before learning C++, several C-ideoms are even considered harmful in C++.

Yes, it is true that you can write programs using a subset of both C and
C++ that is valid and functional but this is mostly of academic interest.
The only well-guarded compatibility is that C++-programs can directly use
and link C-libraries.
Any information or advice with anything
to do with the language will be much appreciated.

ACCU - Association of C and C++ Users
http://www.accu.org has lots of book-reviews.

cheers

Uli