    Dave
    --
    comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address:

    Davo, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Davo

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [welcome msg, FAQ] C Programming

    Davo <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking for active newsgroups,

    Here you are. :)

    http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html

    >and local private tutors especially (Melbourne Australia)

    Sorry, I can't help with that. Tried a newspaper ad,
    or consulting with local schools? Perhaps you might
    even enroll in a class or two.

    >in the
    > programming
    > language C (not C++ at this stage).

    Then why did you post this to comp.lang.c++?

    >Any information or advice with anything
    > to do with the
    > language will be much appreciated.

    I advise you start with the links I cited above.
    I will tell you that you will need books (yes, the
    paper kind). You cannot learn C solely from internet
    resources and tutors.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Davo

    Mike Wahler <> wrote in message
    > Davo <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am looking for active newsgroups,

    > Here you are. :)

    I forgot to add that there is a newsgroup specifically
    oriented toward the beginner in C and/or C++:
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++
    Its FAQ is here:
    http://snurse-l.org/acllc-c /faq.html
    Very useful information for the novice.

    See ya there! :)

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Davo wrote:
    > I am looking for active newsgroups, productive user friendly tutorials,
    > good weblinks, and local private tutors especially (Melbourne Australia)
    > in the programming language C (not C++ at this stage).

    Mind you, C and C++ are separate languages! You don't have to learn C
    before learning C++, several C-ideoms are even considered harmful in C++.

    Yes, it is true that you can write programs using a subset of both C and
    C++ that is valid and functional but this is mostly of academic interest.
    The only well-guarded compatibility is that C++-programs can directly use
    and link C-libraries.

    > Any information or advice with anything
    > to do with the language will be much appreciated.

    ACCU - Association of C and C++ Users
    http://www.accu.org has lots of book-reviews.

    cheers

    Uli

    --
    Questions ?
    see C++-FAQ Lite: http://parashift.com/c -faq-lite/ first !

    Ulrich Eckhardt, Aug 23, 2003
  5. In comp.lang.c.moderated Davo <> wrote:
    # Hello,
    #
    # I am looking for [...] good weblinks,

    Start with http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/ Anything more than 3 clicks away
    from there you do not need to know about :)

    Regards,

    Jens
    --
    Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/
    comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address:

    Jens Schweikhardt, Aug 23, 2003
  6. The alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ group might be of help to you. There are also
    several C tutorials on-line (Google: http://www.google.com/search?q=C tutorial)

    As for teachers in Australia - no idea :|

    HTH

    rlc

    --
    comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address:

    Ronald Landheer-Cieslak, Aug 23, 2003
  7. Davo

    jacob navia Guest

    I have written a tutorial for the C language, distributed with
    the lcc-win32 compiler

    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

    There, click in the "tutorial" link. About 320 pages.

    jacob

    jacob navia, Aug 23, 2003