    me if u know any of such tool..

    thanks
    sinbad

    sinbad, Sep 10, 2007

  2. On Sep 10, 9:37 am, sinbad <> wrote:

    > Is there any tool that displays the function calls in a tree manner,
    > like which function is calling what other functions like that.Pls tell
    > me if u know any of such tool..

    Profilers can generate call graphs.
    Try man gprof.

    Maxim Yegorushkin, Sep 10, 2007

  3. sinbad

    husterk Guest

    On Sep 10, 4:37 am, sinbad <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Is there any tool that displays the function calls in a tree manner,
    > like which function is calling what other functions like that.Pls tell
    > me if u know any of such tool..
    >
    > thanks
    > sinbad

    An old program (that I think you can still get for free) is called
    CDOC. It provides you with a processed HTML output of your code that
    details the call-graph (i.e. tree view) and other relevant
    information.

    Keith

    husterk, Sep 10, 2007
  4. sinbad

    Sheth Raxit Guest

    On Sep 10, 1:37 pm, sinbad <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Is there any tool that displays the function calls in a tree manner,
    > like which function is calling what other functions like that.Pls tell
    > me if u know any of such tool..

    cflow, ctags, cscope will be useful, cflow is what exactly asking you.

    Sheth Raxit, Sep 11, 2007
  5. sinbad

    Sheth Raxit Guest

    On Sep 11, 9:53 am, Sheth Raxit <> wrote:
    > On Sep 10, 1:37 pm, sinbad <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > Is there any tool that displays the function calls in a tree manner,
    > > like which function is calling what other functions like that.Pls tell
    > > me if u know any of such tool..

    > cflow, ctags, cscope will be useful, cflow is what exactly asking you.

    Ok, all this are used during development or Source code analysis. i.e.
    it is not giving you run time graph.if you are looking for Run-Time
    which functions are being called, by which function someone already
    answered your question here or if you want to anaylze small portion, i
    would better suggest use any debugger.

    -Raxit

    Sheth Raxit, Sep 11, 2007
  6. sinbad

    user923005 Guest

    On Sep 10, 1:37 am, sinbad <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Is there any tool that displays the function calls in a tree manner,
    > like which function is calling what other functions like that.Pls tell
    > me if u know any of such tool..

    I kind of like this:
    http://sourcenav.sourceforge.net/

    Intel's profiler creates superb call graphs, when you tell it to
    profile in that way.

    user923005, Sep 11, 2007