C# Session("USERID") = "NAME";

TWACS

How do I add and get session defined variables?

when I do this Session("USERID") = "NAME"; I get
System.Web.UI.Page.Session' denotes a 'property' where a 'method' was
expected

Thanks,

Bryan

TWACS

Oh give me a break. I posted in the DB and was told to come here so I did.
If you can't answer the question leave the post alone

Bob Lehmann

Your question in DB gave no indication that you were using DotNet, hence the
direction to this group.

Your question was answered - you were directed to the correct group even
though the DotNet reference was in this post.

So, give us a break, and in the future you may wish to include enough, clear
information to help.

Bob Lehmann

TWACS

Bob, I don't know who you think you are but your head must be up your butt
because if you could not figure out what "Session" means and what product
uses it, then you are a very POOR programmer. Most people have enough brain
and can figure that out.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

This is a great attitude for someone who needs help. Do you have any idea
how many different technologies have a concept of "Session"? I guess when
you're on your first day of programming 101 and they threw you into .NET,
probably not...

Ray at

Session is not something new to ASP.net. If you're a new programmer and are
starting out with ASP.net, you may think that, but those of us who have been
doing this for years, i.e. Bob Lehmann, know that the original code you
posted did not imply ASP.net. Lashing out at others here in the communities
will only reduce the amount of support you came here for.

Ray at work

Bob Lehmann

ummm, numbnutz....

Here's a newsflash for you - The concept of a Session exists in more
technologies than the limited realm of your pathetic knowledge.

Good luck getting any help after people are exposed to your attitude.

*PLONK*

Bob Lehmann