  1. Poseidon13

    Poseidon13 Guest

    Hi everyone,
    Poseidon13, Dec 4, 2007

  2. Poseidon13

    Poseidon13 Guest

    On Dec 4, 1:14 am, Poseidon13 <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone,

    Sorry, looks like I sent this unfinished 1st message unwittingly...
    I am currently in my final year at University, and my personal project
    involves sparse computing on multicore processors. We may skip the
    "multicore" part because I first need to get a good grasp on the basic
    of sparse matrices...
    I am trying to write a class that will generate a sparse matrix
    (having nature of a continuous-time Markov chain). Is there any
    example of such class available on the internet?
    I still haven't found anything relevant. Could you please help me out?

    Thanks, Poseidon.

    Ps: By the way this usenet group is extremely useful for a beginner
    like me! Please keep it up. Cheers.
    Poseidon13, Dec 4, 2007

  3. Poseidon13

    Mark P Guest

    Poseidon13 wrote:
    > On Dec 4, 1:14 am, Poseidon13 <> wrote:
    >> Hi everyone,

    > Sorry, looks like I sent this unfinished 1st message unwittingly...
    > I am currently in my final year at University, and my personal project
    > involves sparse computing on multicore processors. We may skip the
    > "multicore" part because I first need to get a good grasp on the basic
    > of sparse matrices...
    > I am trying to write a class that will generate a sparse matrix
    > (having nature of a continuous-time Markov chain). Is there any
    > example of such class available on the internet?
    > I still haven't found anything relevant. Could you please help me out?
    >
    > Thanks, Poseidon.
    >
    > Ps: By the way this usenet group is extremely useful for a beginner
    > like me! Please keep it up. Cheers.

    What properties do you want this matrix to have? At this point, you
    have a design problem, not a C++ problem.
    Mark P, Dec 4, 2007
  4. Poseidon13

    osmium Guest

    "Poseidon13" wrote:

    > Sorry, looks like I sent this unfinished 1st message unwittingly...
    > I am currently in my final year at University, and my personal project
    > involves sparse computing on multicore processors. We may skip the
    > "multicore" part because I first need to get a good grasp on the basic
    > of sparse matrices...
    > I am trying to write a class that will generate a sparse matrix
    > (having nature of a continuous-time Markov chain). Is there any
    > example of such class available on the internet?
    > I still haven't found anything relevant. Could you please help me out?

    There is quite a bit, including code, on the subject in _Applying C++_ by
    Scott Robert Ladd. I would expect a decent University library to have that
    book or at least access to it.
    osmium, Dec 4, 2007
  5. "Poseidon13" <> wrote in message
    > On Dec 4, 1:14 am, Poseidon13 <> wrote:
    >> Hi everyone,

    > Sorry, looks like I sent this unfinished 1st message unwittingly...
    > I am currently in my final year at University, and my personal project
    > involves sparse computing on multicore processors. We may skip the
    > "multicore" part because I first need to get a good grasp on the basic
    > of sparse matrices...
    > I am trying to write a class that will generate a sparse matrix
    > (having nature of a continuous-time Markov chain). Is there any
    > example of such class available on the internet?
    > I still haven't found anything relevant. Could you please help me out?

    Vector machine?

    Continuous-Time Fourier Transform?

    http://www.ffte.jp/

    http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/other/dft/

    John
    John Scheldroup, Dec 4, 2007
  6. >On Dec 4, 1:14 am, Poseidon13 <> wrote:

    >I am trying to write a class that will generate a sparse matrix
    >(having nature of a continuous-time Markov chain). Is there any
    >example of such class available on the internet?

    Try Chapter 9.4
    http://www.informatik.hs-bremen.de/~brey/stlbe.html
    Roland Pibinger, Dec 4, 2007