C++ source code to generate sparse matrices.

Poseidon13

Hi everyone,

Sorry, looks like I sent this unfinished 1st message unwittingly...
I am currently in my final year at University, and my personal project
involves sparse computing on multicore processors. We may skip the
"multicore" part because I first need to get a good grasp on the basic
of sparse matrices...
I am trying to write a class that will generate a sparse matrix
(having nature of a continuous-time Markov chain). Is there any
example of such class available on the internet?
I still haven't found anything relevant. Could you please help me out?

Thanks, Poseidon.

Ps: By the way this usenet group is extremely useful for a beginner
like me! Please keep it up. Cheers.

Mark P

Poseidon13 said:
Sorry, looks like I sent this unfinished 1st message unwittingly...
I am currently in my final year at University, and my personal project
involves sparse computing on multicore processors. We may skip the
"multicore" part because I first need to get a good grasp on the basic
of sparse matrices...
I am trying to write a class that will generate a sparse matrix
(having nature of a continuous-time Markov chain). Is there any
example of such class available on the internet?
I still haven't found anything relevant. Could you please help me out?

Thanks, Poseidon.

Ps: By the way this usenet group is extremely useful for a beginner
like me! Please keep it up. Cheers.

What properties do you want this matrix to have? At this point, you
have a design problem, not a C++ problem.

osmium

Poseidon13 said:
Sorry, looks like I sent this unfinished 1st message unwittingly...
I am currently in my final year at University, and my personal project
involves sparse computing on multicore processors. We may skip the
"multicore" part because I first need to get a good grasp on the basic
of sparse matrices...
I am trying to write a class that will generate a sparse matrix
(having nature of a continuous-time Markov chain). Is there any
example of such class available on the internet?
I still haven't found anything relevant. Could you please help me out?

There is quite a bit, including code, on the subject in _Applying C++_ by
Scott Robert Ladd. I would expect a decent University library to have that
book or at least access to it.

John Scheldroup

Poseidon13 said:
Sorry, looks like I sent this unfinished 1st message unwittingly...
I am currently in my final year at University, and my personal project
involves sparse computing on multicore processors. We may skip the
"multicore" part because I first need to get a good grasp on the basic
of sparse matrices...
I am trying to write a class that will generate a sparse matrix
(having nature of a continuous-time Markov chain). Is there any
example of such class available on the internet?
I still haven't found anything relevant. Could you please help me out?

Vector machine?

Continuous-Time Fourier Transform?

http://www.ffte.jp/

http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/other/dft/