Cache

Neil Cadman

I have uploaded some files to my web server

Post.aspx
Post.aspx.vb
Post.aspx.resx

in Post.aspx.vb there is a connection string to connect to
a SQL database using the SQLCLient functions. I put the
data source as my local SQL server by mistake (as that is
the one i use for dev) and now i have uploaded all the
post.* files up again, with the correct connection string
but the server is still using the cached version with the
error in.

I have restarted IIS many times and also uninstalled both
ASP.Net and IIS6 and reinstalled them, and its still using
the cahced version.

Also i cant seem to work out how to uninstall the .net
fraimwork on windows 2003 server (Standard) as i thought
that MAY clear the cache or solve my problem.

I will from now on be adding these lines to my aspx.vb
files as i think this will save me from having this
problem again (i have added these lines to the new, fixed,
version on post.*)

response.Cache.Setexpires(#1/1/2000#)
response.cache.setcacheability(Httpcacheability.nocache)

Kevin Spencer

It may be your BROWSER that has the cached version of the page...

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer