CacheExpirationPolicy="Sliding"

Marc Vilsmeyer

I have defined my ObjectDataSource as:
<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjDataSourceMultiEditGridView" runat="server"
EnableCaching="true" CacheDuration="30" CacheExpirationPolicy="Sliding"
SelectMethod="GetRecordsByAccount" TypeName="GL.BudgetPeriods" >

My GridView has thousands of records and is using Paging:
<cc2:MultiEditGridView ID="MultiEditGridView" runat="server" AllowPaging="true" PageSize="12" EnableViewState="false" AllowSorting="False" AutoGenerateColumns="False" CellPadding="0" DataKeyNames="AcctNum" SelectedIndex="0" DataSourceID="ObjDataSourceMultiEditGridView"
OnRowDataBound="MultiEditGridView_RowDataBound" OnRowUpdated="MultiEditGridView_RowUpdated"
ForeColor="#333333" Width="97%" OnPageIndexChanging="MultiEditGridView_PageIndexChanging"
EmptyDataText="Budget Table is Empty" BorderColor="Black" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" >

I will start selecting page after page every 1 to 2 seconds and after 50 or so seconds it will execute the Select method. Without the EnableCaching="true" the Select Method will be executed every time I selected a different page. I thought that with the caching and the Sliding I got an additional 30 seconds once I selected a different page and the Select method would not be executed.
What can I do?

WeakReferences, Memory Management, Garbage, and More...
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...2b-c93ce562977c/weakreferences-memory-ma.aspx