Caching Questions

Harry Simpson

1. How does the cache block fit in with the UIP Block - Is the "state"
managed there handled any differently with the CAB included? Do they
coexist?

2. Is Singleton the kind of default storage method relating to application
wide memory - Is it different in web vs Win apps?

3. Should we just use the ASPNET cache for web apps and the CAB for Win
apps?

4. What's the advantage of using SQL Server as a cache since you still have
to hit the database....just to aviod multiple processing of data?

5. Is the CAB only for "smart clients" and not for WinForm apps?

6. ASPNET cache - saved on server and available application wide? How does
it differentiate between sessions. Must the cache data saved only pertain
to global

type information?

7. Can the CAB update cached items? I was under the impression that when the
data in cache got stale, you'd simply flush the cache and reload with all
new data

results. A co-worker said he thought the cache itself should be updateable
ie individual records within the cache updated....course if you did that the
original

database would not be synced....

Thanks
Harry