Calendar applette

someone

I don't know if this is the correct group to post to, but if I am in
the wrong group please redirect me.

I am not a programmer but a web master. I am looking for a java
applet/java script that would do the following:

Display the current month calendar.
As the days of the month pass those days are grayed out (not really
required)
As the cursor is passed over the days of the month a balloon/popup
screen appears detailing events for that day of the week.
The events are kept in a text file where the details of the events for
each day are kept. There may be more than one event per day and not
all days will have an event.

If the calendar could be customized with pictures, etc so much the
better.

Is there such a program and where might I find it?

Thomas Weidenfeller

I don't know if this is the correct group to post to, but if I am in
the wrong group please redirect me.

I am not a programmer but a web master. I am looking for a java
applet/java script that would do the following:

Does it have to be Java? If you can stand PHP and its security problems
you could may use http://phpicalendar.net/ as a start. It doesn't
fulfill all your requirements, but as a web master you maybe know enough
to hack the PHP code. It does keep events and appointments in standard
iCalendar text files, supports templates for customizing the look,
provides RSS feeds for the calendar (don't ask me why one wants that

BTW: Java and JavaScript are two completely different things. You as a
web master should know that.

/Thomas

someone

Thank you very much for the info. Yes I do know the difference -- I
suggested javascript so as to cover all the bases. I will look into
the php suggestion. Security is not a big issue, but my knowledge of
php programming is nada.