Calender control, how to display week days as English even windows region is Chinese?

Jack

To whom may concern:

In Asp.Net Calender control, how to display week days, like Wednesday
as "Wed", Monday as "Mon", even my windows' region is set to Chinese?

Thanks in advance!

Jack
2005-10-11

Juan T. Llibre

If you want to display English characters, instead of Chinese, and you have
your Windows Region set to Chinese, set the web.config's globalization
culture and uiCulture settings to "en-US" or "en-GB", depending on
whether you want US English or UK english :

<globalization
requestEncoding="utf-8"
responseEncoding="utf-8"
fileEncoding="utf-8"
culture="en-US"
uiCulture="en-US"
/>

That has a global effect on all files in the
directory the calendar is in, though.

If you want to change it for a single page, set the culture in the Page directive.

<%@ Page Language="VB" Culture="en-US" uiCulture="en-US" %>

That will cause that page, including the calendar, to be displayed in English.