    Scientists IMECS 2008
    From: International Association of Engineers - IAENG

    19-21 March, 2008, Hong Kong
    http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2008

    The IMECS 2008 is organized by the International Association of
    Engineers (IAENG), a non-profit international association for the
    engineers and the computer scientists. The conference has the focus on
    the frontier topics in the theoretical and applied engineering and
    computer science subjects. The IMECS conferences serve as good
    platforms for our members and the entire engineering community to meet
    with each other and to exchange ideas. Our IMECS committees have been
    formed with over two hundred and sixty committees members who are
    mainly research center heads, faculty deans, department heads,
    professors, and research scientists from over 30 countries. The last
    IMECS 2007 has attracted more than one thousand participants from over
    50 countries.

    All submitted papers will be under peer review and accepted papers
    will be published in the conference proceeding (ISBN:
    978-988-98671-8-8). The abstracts will be indexed and available at
    major academic databases. The accepted papers will also be considered
    for publication in the special issues of the journal Engineering
    Letters, in IAENG journals and in edited books. Revised and expanded
    version of the selected papers may also be included as book chapters
    in the standalone edited books under the framework of cooperation
    between IAENG and Springer.

    The IMECS 2008 is composed of the following 13 conferences (all will
    be held at the same location and date):

    ICAIA'08
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and
    Applications

    ICB'08
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Bioinformatics

    ICCA'07
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Control and Automation

    ICCS'07
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Computer Science

    ICCSA'07
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Communication Systems and
    Applications

    ICDMA'07
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Data Mining and
    Applications

    ICEE'07
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Electrical Engineering

    ICIE'07
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Imaging Engineering

    ICINDE'07
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Industrial Engineering

    ICICWS'07
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Internet Computing and Web
    Services

    ICOR'07
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Operations Research

    ICSC'07
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Scientific Computing

    ICSE'07
    The 2008 IAENG International Conference on Software Engineering

    =========
    Submission:

    IMECS 2008 is now accepting manuscript submissions. Prospective
    authors are invited to submit their draft paper in full paper (any
    appropriate style) to imecs{at}iaeng.org by 12 December, 2007. The
    submitted file can be in MS Word format, PS format, or PDF formats.

    The first page of the draft paper should include:
    (1) Title of the paper;
    (2) Name, affiliation and e-mail address for each author;
    (3) A maximum of 5 keywords of the paper.
    Also, the name of the conference that the paper is being submitted to
    should be stated in the email.

    It is our target that the reviewing process and the result
    notification for each submitted manuscript can be completed within one
    month from its submission. The reviewing process is to ensure the
    quality of the accepted papers in the WCE congress. The conferences
    have enjoyed high reputation among many research colleagues ( for
    example, see the http://cs.conference-ranking.net/ or http://www.conference-ranking.com/
    or http://www.conference-ranking.org/cs.html ).

    =============
    Important Dates:

    Draft Manuscript submission deadline: 12 December, 2007
    Camera-Ready papers & Pre-registration due: 31 December, 2007
    IMECS 2008: 19-21 March, 2008

    IMECS MultiConference Co-chairs

    Prof. Craig Douglas (honorary co-chair)
    Professor of Computer Science & Professor of Mechanical Engineering,
    University of Kentucky
    Senior Research Scientist (corresponding to nonteaching full
    professor)
    Computer Science Department, Yale University, USA

    Prof. Ping-kong Alexander Wai (honorary co-chair)
    Chair Professor of Optical Communications and Dean of Faculty of
    Engineering
    Programme Chairman, Engineering Doctorate Programme
    Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong

    Prof. Oscar Castillo
    Professor and Research Director of Computer Science
    Tijuana Institute of Technology, Mexico
    Former Adjunct Professor of San Diego State University, USA
    President of HAFSA (Hispanic American Fuzzy Systems Association)
    Vice-Chair of the Mexican Chapter of the Computational Intelligence
    Society (IEEE)

    Prof. David Dagan Feng, Ph.D, FACS, FATSE, FHKIE, FIEE, FIEEE
    Professor and Head, School of Information Technologies
    Associate Dean, Faculty of Science,
    University of Sydney, Australia

    Prof. Jeong-A Lee
    Professor of Department of Computer Engineering
    Chosun University, South Korea

    More details about the IMECS 2008 can be found at:
    http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2008/index.html

    More details about the International Association of Engineers, the
    journal Engineering Letters and the IAENG International Journal of
    Computer Science can be found at:
    http://www.iaeng.org/about_IAENG.html
    http://www.iaeng.org/IJCS/index.html
    http://www.iaeng.org/IJAM/index.html
    http://www.iaeng.net/
    http://www.iaeng.com/
    The official journal web site of Engineering Letters at:
    http://www.engineeringletters.com
    Other Engineering Letters web sites at:
    http://www.engineeringletters.com
    http://www.engineeringletters.net
    http://www.engineeringletters.org
    http://www.engineeringletter.com

    ********
    It will be highly appreciated if you can circulate these calls for
    papers to your colleagues.
    , Aug 24, 2007

  2. Markus E L Guest

    Re: Call for Papers: The International MultiConference of Engineersand Computer Scientists IMECS 2008

    'wce_2008 AT iaeng DOT org' wrote:

    > CFP: International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer
    > Scientists IMECS 2008
    > From: International Association of Engineers - IAENG
    >
    > 19-21 March, 2008, Hong Kong
    > http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2008

    Can anybody say anything about this:

    http://www.google.com/search?btnG=Google-Suche:&q=iaeng Nagib Callaos&num=100

    If on the other side someone can vote the IAENG conferences as bona
    fide, I'm listening.

    Regards - M
    Markus E L, Aug 25, 2007

  3. Three Guest

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:04:55 +0200, Markus E L wrote:
    > 'wce_2008 AT iaeng DOT org' wrote:
    >
    >> CFP: International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer
    >> Scientists IMECS 2008
    >> From: International Association of Engineers - IAENG
    >>
    >> 19-21 March, 2008, Hong Kong
    >> http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2008

    > Can anybody say anything about this:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?btnG=Google-Suche:&q=iaeng Nagib Callaos
    >
    > If on the other side someone can vote the IAENG conferences as bona
    > fide, I'm listening.

    I thought everyone knew by now that all these were vanity conferences
    with no actual value. One of these fake conferences chaired by the
    infamous Nagib Callaos became well known for accepting a machine-generated
    paper a couple of years ago (http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/).
    Three, Sep 4, 2007
  4. Markus E L Guest

    Three wrote:

    > On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:04:55 +0200, Markus E L wrote:
    >> 'wce_2008 AT iaeng DOT org' wrote:
    >>
    >>> CFP: International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer
    >>> Scientists IMECS 2008
    >>> From: International Association of Engineers - IAENG
    >>>
    >>> 19-21 March, 2008, Hong Kong
    >>> http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2008

    >> Can anybody say anything about this:
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/search?btnG=Google-Suche:&q=iaeng Nagib Callaos
    >>
    >> If on the other side someone can vote the IAENG conferences as bona
    >> fide, I'm listening.

    > I thought everyone knew by now that all these were vanity conferences

    :) Well, yes, this is what I hoped to hear. Unfortunately there is
    not much information about this online. I thought (actually knew :) I
    had been reading about N.C. in connection with IAENG. Of course I knew
    about the machine generated paper. But the 'fake conferences' site
    referenced from scigen is now gone and it is really difficult to find
    (a) any documentation connecting IAENG with N.C and (b) classifying
    IAENG conferences as "vanity" (which is putting it much too nice if
    they are what we think).

    I actually had hoped that the scientific community had some way to
    distance themselves publicly from such conferences. Not all people
    "publishing" at those conferences know what they are doing: Some, is
    my impression, are just under a tremendous pressure to publish
    anything anywhere and badly advised by their scientific mentors (which
    are often putting on the pressure themselves). Indeed it would help
    all people concerned if fake conferences would be denounced as fake
    publicly. Therefore my request for information, but I could hardly ask
    "Does anybody know where I can find documentation that those
    conferences are fake" -- that would have been foreclosing (?) the
    anticipated result. :)

    > with no actual value. One of these fake conferences chaired by the
    > infamous Nagib Callaos became well known for accepting a machine-generated
    > paper a couple of years ago (http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/).

    To wrap it up: "Everyone knows" is not enough for effective public
    denouncement. Where can I find more documentation on the IAENG
    specifically?

    Regards -- Markus
    Markus E L, Sep 4, 2007
  5. Re: Call for Papers: The International MultiConference of Engineersand Computer Scientists IMECS 2008

    Markus E L wrote:

    > :) Well, yes, this is what I hoped to hear. Unfortunately there is
    > not much information about this online. I thought (actually knew :) I
    > had been reading about N.C. in connection with IAENG. Of course I knew
    > about the machine generated paper. But the 'fake conferences' site
    > referenced from scigen is now gone and it is really difficult to find
    > (a) any documentation connecting IAENG with N.C and (b) classifying
    > IAENG conferences as "vanity" (which is putting it much too nice if
    > they are what we think).

    Collegues of mine had been on the IAENG last year in Hongkong. Well, it
    wasn't a fake conference, and they also have a Springer proceedings.
    It's just a, uhm, lousy conference. That said, there are better ways
    to spend your money if you want to generate some impact.

    > I actually had hoped that the scientific community had some way to
    > distance themselves publicly from such conferences. Not all people
    > "publishing" at those conferences know what they are doing: Some, is
    > my impression, are just under a tremendous pressure to publish
    > anything anywhere and badly advised by their scientific mentors (which
    > are often putting on the pressure themselves).

    Actually, most institutes can give you advice where to go and which
    conferences to avoid. IAENG is IMHO pretty much borderline. I've heard
    of worse, but I still wouldn't go.

    > Indeed it would help
    > all people concerned if fake conferences would be denounced as fake
    > publicly. Therefore my request for information, but I could hardly ask
    > "Does anybody know where I can find documentation that those
    > conferences are fake" -- that would have been foreclosing (?) the
    > anticipated result. :)
    >
    >> with no actual value. One of these fake conferences chaired by the
    >> infamous Nagib Callaos became well known for accepting a machine-generated
    >> paper a couple of years ago (http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/).

    > To wrap it up: "Everyone knows" is not enough for effective public
    > denouncement. Where can I find more documentation on the IAENG
    > specifically?

    I don't know an online resource about fake conferences (this one isn't
    really fake, but bad enough to avoid it.) Actually, your mentor should
    really know, and once you're in a scientific community, you have your
    selection of conferences anyhow.

    So long,
    Thomas
    Thomas Richter, Sep 4, 2007