    Thanks,
    Oren
    , Jul 28, 2008

  2. Zak B. Elep Guest

    writes:

    > I need to add a Perl module to my code that handles events/hooks/
    > callbacks (I don't really have a name preference here :) )
    >
    > What I need is to have the option for other modules to register events,
    > or subroutines to be called when events happen. I am betting there's a
    > generic implementation already working and would be happy to use it
    > instead of coding it again myself.

    Module::pluggable[1] came to mind. I'm sure there are others; do check
    the CPAN.[2]

    Footnotes:
    [1] http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Module::Pluggable

    [2] http://search.cpan.org/search?query=pluggable&mode=all

    --
    I like the idea of 256 bits, though: 32 for the (Unicode) character leaves
    room for 224 Bucky bits, which ought to be enough for anyone.
    Zak B. Elep, Jul 28, 2008

  3. Rocco Caputo Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 23:49:45 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

    > What I need is to have the option for other modules to register
    > events, or subroutines to be called when events happen.

    There's POE, which I'm particularly fond of. Also Event, and probably
    others. Have you looked at http://search.cpan.org/ ?

    --
    Rocco Caputo - http://poe.perl.org/
    Rocco Caputo, Jul 28, 2008