Calling a JSP from java

Juan Pardillos

Hi everybody,

I trying to call a .jsp page from Java, but no success for the moment.

The code I'm using is:

import java.io.*;
import java.net.*;
import javax.swing.*;
import java.io.*;

public class MyClass {

public static void download(InputStream in, File file) throws
IOException {
System.out.println("Creating output file");
FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(file);
byte[] b = new byte[1024];
int len;
while((len = in.read(b)) != -1) {
out.write(b, 0, len);
}
out.close();
System.out.println("Created output file");
URL url = new URL("PutHereTheURL");
HttpURLConnection connection = (HttpURLConnection)
url.openConnection();

connection.setRequestMethod("POST");
connection.setDoOutput(true);
connection.setDoInput(true);
connection.setUseCaches(false);
connection.setAllowUserInteraction(false);
connection.setFollowRedirects(false);
connection.connect();

// Send the data
String postString = "option1=" + ;
DataOutputStream dos = new DataOutputStream(
connection.getOutputStream() );
dos.writeBytes(postString);
dos.close();

// Read the resulting data from the Post
InputStream is = connection.getInputStream();
download(is, new File("myFile.html"));
connection.disconnect();

But the html page that I obtain as a result is the initial page
corresponding to the input form. What I want is to submit that input
form with value "valueOfOption1" for the input choice "option1".

Any ideas of what can be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Wendy S

Juan Pardillos said:
But the html page that I obtain as a result is the initial page
corresponding to the input form. What I want is to submit that input
form with value "valueOfOption1" for the input choice "option1".
Any ideas of what can be the problem?

Look at the source for the HTML form. Are you sure the form posts to the
same .jsp? In my world, HTML forms post to _Servlets_ not to JSPs.

You might find myPage.jsp contains

And then the Servlet mapped to that URL does its job and forwards to yet
another JSP to display the results.